About First Tutors: Dance
First Tutors: Dance is a new online dance instructor-matching service. Our sister site, First Tutors: Academic was first established in 2005 as the first of its kind, and First Tutors: Dance has now been introduced to help you find local dance instructors across the UK. We are committed to making the supplementary education industry more transparent and as such and provide a facility for clients to give feedback on their dance classes. We have won industry awards, been recommended by The Good Schools Guide and appear regularly in the education, regional and national press.
Why Use Us?
Choice - Our easy to use service allows you to browse and select dance instructors from your local area. Dance instruction will help you develop your skills on the dance floor for exercise, fun or examination purposes. Whether you want to perfect your pirouette, spice up your salsa, or simply engage in a new hobby, First Tutors: Dance caters for all age groups and backgrounds. Simply select your ability and the style of dance you require lessons in, and find professional dance teachers who can instruct the dance of your choice within the comfort of your own home.
Affordability - First Tutors: Dance ask clients for a £5.00 introduction fee and that's all! You will only pay this once per tutor, and only after you've used the members area to discuss the arrangements for you dance lessons with your teacher. Some agencies charge an additional £10 for every hour a private dance instructor teaches, but with First Tutors: Dance, there are no additional agency fees or hidden costs. We understand that many clients are happy to manage their relationship with their dance instructor themselves and prefer not to continue paying an agency for that service.
Flexibility - There is no restriction to usual agency hours. Our fully functioning service can be accessed 24:7, whenever suits you.
Accessibility - Our sister site, First Tutors: Academic is an award-winning website and easy to navigate. We have a professional development team focused on delivering a high quality user experience.
First Tutors: Dance vs a Typical Agency
First Tutors: Dance differs to other Tuition Agencies and it is important that you understand how:
- Browse and select your dance instructor - it is your choice who you choose for your needs, we aren't the middle man
- Contact the dance instructor directly to discuss your needs - no payment necessary, you may communicate in our private forums first
- We don't perform CRB checks - this means you must ask for any references/CRBs your instructor offers
- We ask for a £5.00 introduction fee and that's all. We don't ask for a £5.00 fee on top of every hour an instructor teaches but equally we cannot fairly intervene if you are not happy with the instructor you have chosen because we do not manage the ongoing relationship. We do, however, collect feedback from all clients regarding their dance instructor and the dance lessons provided a couple of weeks after making the introduction for the benefit of other parents and students.
The cost difference between choosing your own dance instructor and using an agency:
|First Tutors: Dance||Typical Agency||Saving|
|Introduction||£5.00||£0 - £20||~£5|
|10 hrs of tuition||£200*||£260||£60|
|Additional Agency fees (10 hrs)||£0||£100
* This is based on the average fee across all instructors in our database: £20 per hour (some of our instructors charge as little as £9 per hour)