Press Coverage and Awards
We understand that finding a instructor online can be a daunting prospect. We hope that the following press coverage, recommendations and awards will help to show you that we are a great website from which to source or register as a instructor. Journalists, please contact us here.
- The Daily Mail/This is Money ran an advice piece on whether it is worth getting a instructor.
- The Sunday Times ran a story on the increase in demand for private tuition in Scotland, also debated up by The Scotsman and The Herald.
- TES highlights the numbers of teachers leaving the classroom to become instructors.
2015 and 2014
- We're featured in The Telegraph as part of their debate on which is better value; private schooling or state schooling plus instructing? We also advised Telegraph readers on what to look for in a good instructor and featured as a recommended website to find work as a private instructor.
- The Daily Mail also featured us in their piece on quality part-time work.
- We have featured across the national and regional press for over a decade. Here are a few of our favourites:
- BBC News interviewed Anita Lee, Director at First Tutors: Dance for a piece on on 11+ entrance tuition. For parents with particular concerns about these exams, we're also in this useful advice piece in The Telegraph.
- ITV National News cited our research on the average cost of instructing, as has The Independent.
- On the topic of undergraduate tuition, we've given interviews to the BBC and The Guardian regarding the increase in demand for private tuition from undergraduates.
- The Daily Telegraph featured one of our clients in a seasonal piece about private tuition and the trend for online tuition.
- On the topic of homeworking, The Guardian recommended instructing as an excellent way to earn a little extra from home and recommended First Tutors: Dance as a good place to start. We also featured in their Home Business Innovation showcase.
- We gave advice on the right frequency of tuition in The Independent.
- Finally, we've commented on the use of instructors in schools in this Guardian piece.
First Tutors: Dance has been fortunate enough to win or be finalists for several business awards.
- Education Investor Supplementary Education Provider of the Year (we've won and been nominated as a finalist several times in this category).
- Dedipower Sunday Telegraph Digital Awards (national finalists)
- Working Mum Awards - Best SME (national finalists)
- Big Chip Awards - Best eBusiness (winners)
First Tutors: Dance enables dance instructors to promote themselves through free online self-made profiles, which are then accessible to anyone in search of private dance lessons in their local area. We are the UK's leading online teacher-matching service.
First Tutors: Dance offers private dance instruction for any ability level required. Dance lessons are available for beginners to intermediate, advanced to competitive, or simply for recreational purposes across a broad range of dance styles. Our directory of dance teachers specialise in everything from Ballet and Ballroom to Salsa and Jazz.
Since launching in 2005 the business has steadily expanded and become increasingly popular. We have featured on BBC Breakfast television, BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, Cambridge Evening News, Enterprise Nation, Education Today, Mumzone, The Good Schools Guide and more. Our most recent coverage was in the Lancashire press and PC Pro magazine regarding our use of technology and recent digital industry awards.
We are happy to receive any media enquiries you may have, and can be contacted below. Anita (co-founder) has given interviews on entrepreneurship, running a small business, using ICT and, of course, private tuition. She would be happy to provide an industry comment.
Prefer calling? Please do so on: 561998234844+ and leave a message - we'll get back to you quickly!