Information About Peter - Stansted tutor - (4 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Peter:
I am British Maths Graduate at Manchester University (II.1 honours) and a qualified teacher (PGCE). I really want to make a real difference in the lives of students, help them maximize their potential and give them the boost they need to fulfil their aspirations. I believe I have a lot of skills and knowledge to offer students, and get great fun and motivation from helping students in anyway. I aim for them to reach their maximum potential. Finally, being a pleasant and friendly character, and having a smile on my face always contributes greatly to the progress of my students. My interests include football, dancing and badminton.
I am British Maths Graduate at Manchester University (II.1 honours) and a qualified teacher (PGCE) with 8 years of maths teaching experience in British state schools and 3 years in foreign schools. I also have more than 15 years' experience teaching business and technical English.
My approach to tutoring involves enabling students to maximize their potential. My approach is multifaceted and includes the following elements:
1. Evaluating students first for their key mathematical needs and then setting realistic targets with students so they have clear goals.
2. Explaining in detail, systematically, the principles to the students, building on what they already know, using real examples and applications to the students' interests, while using intelligent questioning and practice time to encourage students.
3. Producing handwritten and typed notes for students to take away at the end of the lesson and providing regular homework to check students' understanding and skills and to work on them he following time.
4. Answering questions based on work at school in as much detail as necessary.
5. Tackling students' barriers to learning and giving them the confidence to ask questions by creating an environment without pressures, with myself devoting as much time as necessary to consolidate the concepts, and the student knowing that they will get a unequivocal response.
6. Using problem-solving exercises and practical exam documents to develop basic skills that will lay the groundwork for a deep and lasting understanding of the subject while allowing for the transfer of these skills in a multitude of different circumstances.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Manchester (1985) - Honours Mathematics II1 (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||4|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|