Press Coverage and Awards
We understand that finding a tutor online can be a daunting prospect. We hope that the following press coverage, recommendations and awards will help to show you that we are a great website from which to source or register as a tutor. Journalists, please contact us here.
- The Daily Mail/This is Money ran an advice piece on whether it is worth getting a tutor.
- The Sunday Times ran a story on the increase in demand for private tuition in Scotland, also debated up by The Scotsman and The Herald.
- TES highlights the numbers of teachers leaving the classroom to become tutors.
2015 and 2014
- We're featured in The Telegraph as part of their debate on which is better value; private schooling or state schooling plus tutoring? We also advised Telegraph readers on what to look for in a good tutor and featured as a recommended website to find work as a private tutor.
- The Daily Mail also featured us in their piece on quality part-time work.
- We have featured across the national and regional press for over a decade. Here are a few of our favourites:
- BBC News interviewed Anita Lee, Director at First Tutors for a piece on on 11+ entrance tuition. For parents with particular concerns about these exams, we're also in this useful advice piece in The Telegraph.
- ITV National News cited our research on the average cost of tutoring, as has The Independent.
- On the topic of undergraduate tuition, we've given interviews to the BBC and The Guardian regarding the increase in demand for private tuition from undergraduates.
- The Daily Telegraph featured one of our clients in a seasonal piece about private tuition and the trend for online tuition.
- On the topic of homeworking, The Guardian recommended tutoring as an excellent way to earn a little extra from home and recommended First Tutors as a good place to start. We also featured in their Home Business Innovation showcase.
- We gave advice on the right frequency of tuition in The Independent.
- Finally, we've commented on the use of tutors in schools in this Guardian piece.
First Tutors is also very proud to be recognised by The Good Schools Guide as a recommended place to find a private tutor. Tuition agencies must undergo extensive questioning before being listed in the guide.
First Tutors has been fortunate enough to win or be finalists for several business awards.
- Education Investor Supplementary Education Provider of the Year (we've won and been nominated as a finalist several times in this category).
- Dedipower Sunday Telegraph Digital Awards (national finalists)
- Working Mum Awards - Best SME (national finalists)
- Big Chip Awards - Best eBusiness (winners)