Information About Zara - Bristol tutor - (6 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Zara:
Hello. My name is Dr. Zara and I specialise in teaching A-level Biology and Chemistry.t. I hold a Ph.D. in medical biochemistry and a PGCHE from the University of Kent. I am currently working part-time at the University of Bristol. I come across as a friendly, patient and enthusiastic tutor. I make learning a fun and enjoyable experience, while always keeping the students goals in mind.
I have six years teaching experience at both undergraduate and post-graduate level, in addition, I have been a part-time tutor for four years. I have marked GCSE and A-level papers and can offer advice on the best way to answer exam questions to maximise marks. Most of my students show rapid increase in confidence levels after 2-3 sessions of tutoring.
My aim is to motivate students to achieve the best of their abilities. I believe that all students can do well, turning negative barriers into positive outcomes. I am a strong believer in the individual potential of each student.
In the first session, I go over the areas of difficulty with each student. My approach is to break down difficult-to-learn topics into bitesize achievable goals. I set goals for my tutees and plan my lessons well in advance. As we approach exams, I encourage students to practice mock papers and understand exam-board specific mark scheme requirements.
Please note that the rated quotes here are for students who opt to pay per session for lessons, I charge slightly lower rates if the student opts to pay per month in advance. Please contact me for further details.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Kent (2007) - PGCHE (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- A University in Yorkshire (2005) - Ph.D in medical biochemistry (Doctorate) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||6|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
In response to your comments:
- on an email dates **Telephone Number Removed** I clearly stated "I am happy to accept you as a tutee & try a lesson this Wednesday as long as you are aware that I might not be able to continue if the timings don't work for me - I don't want you to feel that you have had to pay the fee to release contact details, without being aware of this."
- I asked you for the exam board twice, but you failed to get back to me about it, before purchasing my details
- I initially offered you the tutoring slot at my home because I thought it was for you - you didn't make it clear it was for your son till we had agreed to a time. I have to be careful about the people allowed into the house.
- you expected me to travel to your workplace to tutor your son. In my communications, and in my emails after the contact details were exchanged, I made it very clear that I would try one tutoring session, so see if the times and travel worked for me.
- I came to the tutoring session on time (inspite of problems with buses, and it raining very heavily), and I tutored your son for an hour as agreed. Your son himself told me that he found the session useful. I gave you tips on how to improve results for next year, without charging for the extra time.
- You said you were unsure of being able to continue weekly lessons, and I explained why bi-weekly lessons would not work for me.
- I tried to accommodate you as much as possible, but the timings just did not work for me, given that it was rush hour with a lot of traffic.
- you were aware of the situation, and the fact that I might not find it feasible to continue with lessons, given the time constraints. I have email correspondence to prove this.
- I think I have been fair to you & delivered the one hour of tuition required, and not charged you anything extra for travel & time (which took me 45 min + travel costs)