Information About Yanan - Bloomsbury tutor - (14 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Yanan:
I am a final year PhD student from Centre for Advanced Biomedical Imaging at University College London. My research project is to use magnetic resonance imaging to investigate the treatment effect of an anti-cancer drug.
As a positive and enthusiastic individual, I enjoy learning, sharing and working with people. Science and art are my passion.
During my A-level and undergraduate degree, I volunteered as an art and craft activity leader in a care home for people with mental disability, and as patient visitor at Bedford/University College Heart Hospital.
During my PhD, I participated in a number of public engagement events, including Natural History Museum Lates and Royal Society Summer Science Exhibition. I acquired effective communication and interpersonal skills through these experience.
Having lived in China for 12 years, I am a native Mandarin speaker and proficient in reading and writing simplified Chinese. I have a keen interest in linguistics and learning foreign languages.
Over the past 8 years, I have taught 100+ clients (aged from 5 to adult working professionals) with a diverse range of backgrounds. With individually tailored learning strategies, over 90% of my A-Level clients have achieved grade A-A*.
I want to help people to enjoy science, to understand scientific concepts and subsequently the potential application of science to real life as well as to achieve satisfying exam results.
I maintain a collaborative relationship with my clients, developing specific learning strategies with them for improved study efficiency. In addition, I encourage my clients to have a positive attitude and mentality for learning.
If you are looking for a fun and productive learning experience, feel free to get in touch - I look forward to working with you!
Having 8 years of private teaching experience, I have taught 100+ students aged from 5 to 18+ in the following subjects:
- Beginner and Intermediate Mandarin (HSK1, 5)
- Key Stage Mathematics and Science
- 11+ Common Entrance Maths
- iGCSE Triple Science and Maths (Edexcel)
- GCSE Chinese, Mathematics, Triple and Double Award Sciences (AQA, Edexcel)
- AS/A-Level Mathematics, Chemistry and Biology (AQA, Edexcel, OCR A / B Salters)
- IB Diploma Chemistry
For academic subjects:
1. Explain key concepts following specific syllabus.
2. Help students to understand the key concepts by interactive activities and question practice.
3. Reinforce the learnt knowledge via interactive questions, allowing students to memorise the theories concisely and accurately.
4. Work through past exam papers to integrate learnt materials and grasp exam techniques.
1. Learn the phonetics and usage of Pinyin.
2. Apply Pinyin to learn words and phrases by themes.
3. Guide students to develop an intuitive understanding of basic grammar and apply to construct sentences.
4. Implement the taught materials via speaking and writing tasks during and after the lesson.
(The language lessons are recorded.)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Chinese
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Univeristy College London (2013) - Medical and Biomedical Imaging Merit (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- University College London (2011) - UCL BSc. Biomedical Science 2:1 (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Wootton Upper School (2008) - A-Level: Maths A ; Chemistry A ; Biology A and Chinese A. AS: Geography A (School) (✘ Not On File)
- Holy Cross RC Girls' School (2006) - GCSE: French C; RE B, Geography B; English Language B; English literature A; Art A; ICT A; Double Award Science A*A* ; Mathematics.A* and Chinese A* (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||14|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
Yanan, many thanks for the excellent work you have done in the lives of my two children, Joshua and Deborah. Look forward to continuing tutoring them in September next month. Keep well and God bless, Ebo.
My grades have improved greatly and I am so glad that Yanan became my tutor.
Her lessons are always very efficient and productive, and the quality of teaching is superb!
I would recommend her in every way!