My subject specialisms are Biology, Maths, Chemistry, and Chinese Mandarin. I also tutor combined sciences up to the GCSE level. I started tutoring in 2009, and have worked with over 100 students and had over 3000 hours of teaching.
I adopt a structured approach and provide individually tailored strategies to help clients develop a productive framework for learning and exam preparation.
Having completed a BSc in Biomedical Sciences and 4 years of doctoral research training in Medical Imaging, I developed a passion for science. I motivate students to appreciate the real-life application and impact of science. I encourage students to unravel the ‘so what?’ question, in hope to expand their interest and understanding in science.
As a native Mandarin speaker, I help learners enjoy the language not only theoretically but also from a cultural perspective. Examples include traditional customs, current or emerging cultural phenomena and conversational styles.
As a tutor, I aim to help the client:
• Fill knowledge gaps to build a solid foundation.
• Learn to
- build knowledge systematically;
- enjoy ‘learning’ and 'problem-solving' – making it fun and effective.
• Build confidence and independence.
In my spare time, I enjoy art and craft, Chinese calligraphy, cooking, reading and drums.
If you are looking for a fun and productive learning experience, feel free to get in touch - I look forward to working with you!
I have 10 years of tutoring experience, with 100+ students aged from 4 to 18+ in the following subjects:
o GCSE (AQA, Edexcel, OCR), IGCSE (Edexcel), AS/A-level (AQA, Edexcel, OCR A/B Salters)
o GCSE (AQA, Edexcel, OCR), IGCSE, AS/A-level (AQA, Edexcel, OCR A/B Salters, IB Diploma, Degree Foundation Level)
• Mandarin Chinese
o Beginner, GCSE (AQA, Edexcel), HSK 1 & 5
o Primary, 11+ Common Entrance, GCSE (AQA, Edexcel, OCR), IGCSE (Edexcel), AS/A-Level (AQA, Edexcel, OCR A)
• Combined Science
o Primary, GCSE, IGCSE (AQA, Edexcel, OCR)
For academic subjects -
• Explain key concepts following relevant syllabus.
• Guide tutee to understand, apply and reinforce key concepts via interactive example activities and question practice.
• Review topic-specific exam questions to build an effective and independent revision method and exam practice techniques.
For language (Chinese Mandarin) -
• Learn the phonetics and usage of Pinyin.
• Apply Pinyin to learn words and phrases by themes.
• Guide tutee to develop an intuitive understanding of basic grammar and apply the knowledge to construct a sentence.
• Implement taught content via speaking and writing tasks during and after the lesson.
• Audio-record all lessons to facilitate independent revision and practice.
|Languages||English (British), Chinese|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|University College London||2011||Bachelors||UCL BSc. Biomedical Science 2:1|
|Wootton Upper School||2008||School||A-Level: Maths A ; Chemistry A ; Biology A and Chinese A. AS: Geography A|
|Univeristy College London||2013||Masters||Medical and Biomedical Imaging Merit|
|University College London||2019||Doctorate||PhD Medical Imaging|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|