Information About Veena - Coventry tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Veena:
Veena offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
FIRST SESSION DISCOUNT AT £20. DISCOUNTED RATE IF A BLOCK OF LESSONS ARE BOOKED. I can to travel to students in Coventry and Warwickshire areas. I was born in the UK and have a BSc in Psychology from Aston University attaining a First Class with Honours. I spent 2 years working as an Assistant Psychologist and have also trained in CBT working in mental health services for a further 1.5 years before getting into teaching. This means I have real-world experience of Psychology as well as several years teaching experience. I have high expectations of all students and put in every effort to ensure that they succeed in achieving their goals.
- I am currently a Head of Psychology achieving fantastic results in my department. In 2017 100% of my students achieved A*-C grades with 72% of those attaining A*-B.
- I teach year 12 and year 13 on the AQA specification and work hard to support and guide my students to success
- Ensured the successful delivery of the new AQA specification which is evident from the successes in the department and I believe the achievements stem from making sure that the learning needs of each individual student is met.
- Mentored Trainee Psychology teachers and also newly qualified teachers
- I am an examiner for AQA therefore have in-depth knowledge of assessment criteria.
- Previously tutored students - one example is a student who I supported in completing the 2 year course in 1 year, who successfully passed the course and was able to progress on to the university course of her choice.
- Won teaching and learning awards in school for innovative approaches to teaching in the classroom.
- Personalised learning to suit the differing needs of every student.
- Enthusiastic and passionate approach to the subject.
- Taking into account a wide range of learning styles.
- A wide range of resources and materials to support the learning in between sessions.
- Approachable and supportive.
- A range of exam techniques to reach full potential.
- Expert assessment and feedback to move your learning forward.
- Flexible working hours and will travel within a reasonable distance covering Coventry and Warwickshire.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Worcester University (2014) - Psychology (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Exeter University (2012) - Post-Graduate Certificate in Low Intensity CBT (Other) (✔ On File)
- Aston University (2010) - BSc Psychology (achieved First Class with Honours) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Coundon Court School (2005) - A-levels in Psychology (A), Sociology (A), Music (B) and English Literature AS (C) (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|