- 10 years experience of tutoring biology, chemistry and physics up to Triple GCSE with over 90% success rate in students achieving A* to C
- I am Head of KS4 at a secondary school in London where I teach biology, chemistry and physics; as well as chemistry at A-level
- Experienced with all exam boards - especially AQA, Edexcel and OCR
- I am up to date with the new exam specifications and grading system of 9-1
- Experienced with all core practicals having taught them at school as well as in one on one tutoring
- I have access to over 1000 exam questions that are not freely available on the internet to ensure your child is 100% ready for their exam.
- Available evenings and weekends.
- Science PGCE completed in 2014 (Grade: Outstanding)
- NQT year completed in 2015 (Grade: Outstanding)
- I taught English in the West Bank in Palestine in 2016 for 3 months
- Secondary school teacher where I have mainly top set classes from year 7 to year 12
- Each week I set homework and can be contacted at any time regarding questions and problems with school work if any help is needed.
SCIENCE & ACADEMIC BACKGROUND
- I previously worked in the oil industry as a petroleum geoscientist exploring for shale gas
- I graduated from the University of Manchester with an MSc in Petroleum Geoscience in 2012 having been awarded a scholarship from a US oil company.
I first aim to identify barriers that are stopping the student from achieving their full potential (lack of self-confidence, weakness on certain aspects of curriculum, poor exam technique etc.)
I then provide a variety of worksheets, exam questions, one on one teaching and homework which cater to the unique requirements of each student.
I set the highest expectations that must be met in order for success to be achieved.
I have a proven track record for all my students achieving their expected target grades at GCSE.
I understand what is required to get into a Russel Group university having studied at one myself and can help your child achieve their full potential to achieve this target.
|Languages||English (British), Danish, Arabic, Spanish|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (evenings)|
|References Available||On File|
|Bromley Schools' collegiate||2014||PGCE||PGCE|
|University of Manchester||2012||Masters||MSc Petroleum Geoscience|
|University of Manchester||2011||Bachelors||BSc Geology|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|