This is how 2 referees rated Paul:
**due to demand, online tuition now offered ** GCSE English Language and Literature specialist tutoring pupils in Doncaster and Scunthorpe. I also regularly tutor KS3, KS5 (especially A-Level English Language) and KS2 pupils.
I've been teaching for the past 9 years; I am a current Head of English and GCSE examiner.
In recent years my major successes have been:
- taking one secondary school's GCSE English results from bottom in the area to the top 6
- taking another secondary school's A/A* percentage from 12% to 25% (including getting 30 out of 31 pupils an A/A* in my own high ability class)
- taking a third secondary school's C+ figure from 55% to 83%.
- numerous success stories when privately tutoring, mainly around the C/D borderline, though also with KS3 pupils who were falling behind their peers.
My main experience is teaching both the WJEC and Cambridge iGCSE specifications and I have a huge number of teaching strategies and resources for both of these courses, including those designed for coursework, controlled assessment and examinations. However, I have also privately tutored pupils for the AQA and Edexcel boards alongside my main teaching work - I am very comfortable with the requirements of both.
I have also been an examiner for one of the major UK exam boards, looking at both English Language and English Literature, for the past 7 years.
Recent tutoring experience (l**Telephone Number Removed** college English GCSE resit candidate improved from D- to C for the November resit in 8 weeks.
- another English GCSE resit candidate improved from B to A within just a few weeks of the November exam
- a pupil with B grades on mocks (AQA iGCSE) scored A/A
- a C/D pupil (WJEC) scored B/B
- a D/E pupil (CIE iGCSE) scored C
- a pupil with C/B grades on mocks (AQA GCSE) scored B/A
- I had 3 pupils enter for GCSE exams in summer 2015 (a combination of WJEC and iGCSE boards)
- all 3 began with low mock exam scores (D/E/U)
- all 3 improved coursework scores from D/E to C+/B/A
- 2 came out with a B overall and the other with a high C
- 2 will now be able to access their apprenticeship of choice, whilst the third will attend the local sixth form college for A-Levels
My academic qualifications are as follows:
2.1, English Language, University of Leeds (2007)
PGC in English, Leeds Trinity, 2008
A-Levels in English Language, Maths, Media, ICT (all at grade A)
I am available to tutor pupils and students of all levels in and around the Scunthorpe and Doncaster areas, including surrounding villages, on weekday evenings or at weekends. If you are reasonably close to where I live (Doncaster, DN3 area) or where I work (Scunthorpe) then I usually tutor in the tutee's home. However, I am willing to tutor in my own home for those who live further away.
In addition, depending on your location, there may be a small fuel/time surcharge to the price advertised - feel free to contact for further information. For those close to my location/work there will be no surcharge.
- 8 years teaching (active)
- 6 years as deputy head of department and more recently head of department (3 years)
- examiner for a major UK exam board at GCSE level, both for English Language and Literature (6 years)
- tutor for 3 years
I insist on the highest of standards for myself and I try and instill that desire and belief into those I tutor. Everything I do takes account of the individual's needs established both before and during an initial session. My approach is friendly but professional - please view the comments people have left.
|Date Last Logged In:||21/02/2017|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||3 Av. 5.00/5.00|
Tags: Doncaster English tutor, Doncaster Primary English tutor, Doncaster Secondary English tutor, Doncaster GCSE English tutor, Doncaster A-Level English tutor, Doncaster University English tutor