This is how 2 referees rated Paul:
Hi. My name is Paul and I've been teaching GCSE English Language and Literature to pupils in Doncaster and Scunthorpe for the past 8 years. I am a current Head of English and GCSE examiner.
In recent years my major successes have been:
- taking one secondary school's GCSE English results from bottom in the area to the top 6
- taking another secondary school's A/A* percentage from 12% to 25% (including getting 30 out of 31 pupils an A/A* in my own high ability class)
- numerous success stories when privately tutoring, mainly around the C/D borderline, though also with KS3 pupils who were falling behind their peers.
My main experience is teaching both the WJEC and Cambridge iGCSE specifications and I have a huge number of teaching strategies and resources for both of these courses, including those designed for coursework, controlled assessment and examinations. However, I have also privately tutored pupils for the AQA board alongside my main teaching work.
I have also been an examiner for one of the major UK exam boards, looking at both English Language and English Literature, for the past 5.5 years.
Recent tutoring experience (2016):
- a pupil with B grades on mocks (AQA iGCSE) scored A/A
- a C/D pupil (WJEC) scored B/B
- a D/E pupil (CIE iGCSE) scored C
- a pupil with C/B grades on mocks (AQA GCSE) scored B/A
- I had 3 pupils enter for GCSE exams in summer 2015 (a combination of WJEC and iGCSE boards)
- all 3 began with low mock exam scores (D/E/U)
- all 3 improved coursework scores from D/E to C+/B/A
- 2 came out with a B overall and the other with a high C
- 2 will now be able to access their apprenticeship of choice, whilst the third will attend the local sixth form college for A-Levels
My academic qualifications are as follows:
2.1, English Language, University of Leeds (2007)
PGC in English, Leeds Trinity, 2008
A-Levels in English Language, Maths, Media, ICT (all at grade A)
I am available to tutor pupils and students of all levels in and around the Scunthorpe and Doncaster areas, including surrounding villages, on weekday evenings or at weekends.
- 8 years teaching (active)
- 6 years as deputy head of department and more recently head of department (3 years)
- examiner for a major UK exam board at GCSE level, both for English Language and Literature
I insist on the highest of standards for myself and I try and instill that desire and belief into those I tutor. Everything I do takes account of the individual's needs established both before and during an initial session.
|Date Last Logged In:||20/10/2016|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||2 Av. 5.00/5.00|
Tags: Doncaster English tutor, Doncaster Primary English tutor, Doncaster Secondary English tutor, Doncaster GCSE English tutor, Doncaster A-Level English tutor, Doncaster University English tutor