Information About Oliver - Burry Port tutor - (4 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Oliver:
I've been tutoring for three years, with more then eight hundred hours of recorded student time! I have a doctorate and a first class bachelor's degree, both in Mathematics, and am studying for a bachelors degree in English and Spanish with the Open University. My first aim as a tutor is to provide Mathematical support for students of all ages, whether it be long division and tables in primary school, beginners algebra at secondary, or advanced material for formal qualifications such as GCSE, A-Level or BSc.
I am very interested in the theory and practice of teaching mathematics, but am also committed to providing numeracy and literacy support in general, to people of all ages.
In the next two years I will be adding more and more Spanish, English and French options as I progress in my studies.
The centre of my catchment circle is the village of Pontyates in Carmarthenshire. The prices shown are the norm, although very significant travel will require additional travel costs to be added on.
I have very good written Spanish grammar and translation skills so anyone seeking such support is more than welcome to ask. My language tutoring includes Beginner Spanish and English up to Key Stage 3.
The obligatory enhanced DBS disclosure has been obtained and augmented with the Automatic Update Service.
Note: Prototype online service is being trialled. This is still highly experimental!
My tutoring is built on:
1) Three years of tutoring Mathematics at Key Stage 2, Key Stage 3, GCSE, A Level, and undergraduate levels, and English at Key Stage 3.
2) An academic year spent lecturing at Aberystwyth University, providing modules 'Mathematics for Economists I' and 'Statistics for Economists'. (Includes workshops in R).
3) Problems classes and workshops during my PhD studies in Nottingham.
4) A desire to teach more in the future, and develop my skills wherever possible to do the best for my students. For example, I am pursuing a degree in Language Studies from the Open University, to augment my English, Spanish and French skills.
5) The articulacy and thorough literacy required to write a doctoral thesis.
6) A desire to have fun while showing that mathematics is more than just boring number crunching, it's a way of life!
Tutoring is important, but also very flexible. Tuition is based around the specific needs of each student, and their study circumstances. In general it is more important to instil the mathematical mode of thinking so that students can solve their own problems independently. All of these factors and many more combine to make tuition for each student.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Nottingham University (2012) - Applied Mathematics (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- Aberystwyth University (2006) - Mathematics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Carmarthenshire College (2002) - HND Computer Aided Engineering (Other) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||4|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
He is very friendly and professional and Explains things thoroughly and patiently.
Our Son who is a year 3 primary student looks forward to his maths lesson each week.
On a recent parents meeting with his school teacher we were told he is well ahead in his Maths.
We are very happy we picked the right tutor for our Son.