Information About Mo - Cambridge tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Mo:
Mo offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
I am a Cambridge University graduate in Economics, with a decade of teaching experience at top boarding schools in the UK, including Eton College, Oundle School and Merchant Taylors' School. I have huge experience in turning C's into A's and A's into A*, as well as success at university applications to the top universities, including Oxbridge.
I have taught in both day and boarding schools, and for the past two years have been at Eton College as Head of Economics & Politics. Before this, I was Head of Economics for 5 years at Oundle School, and before that I was Head of Careers at Merchant Taylors' School. I have been a senior examiner for Edexcel and Pre-U for many years as well as experience of being an examiner for the international A-level. I have extensive experience of teaching AQA, Edexcel and Pre-U exam boards. I have also spent many years preparing candidates for Oxbridge applications, focussing on Economics, E&M, PPE, and Land Economy. For two years I was a Teaching Associate at Cambridge University, supervising PartIIA development economists.
I have privately tutored many pupils and am able to provide testimonials / references in more detail. Here are some samples:
"Mo is the reason I am going to study Economics at Cambridge. Many are able to teach well, but few have the ability to ignite your passion for the subject; I have never come across a more dedicated teacher who genuinely wants his students to do well, often pushing them well beyond their potential with outstanding results. He focuses on understanding, rather than recall, by breaking down complex issues into easy digestible chunks which enables all students, from the weaker to the more able ones to engage in lively and heated debate, hugely strengthening their command of Economics. Combine that with his unparalleled knowledge and commitment to his students, and you have the reason why I achieved an A*. For me his deep passion for the subject has enabled me to achieve things I never thought possible. I am not over exaggerating by saying that he is the best teacher I have ever had. ”
"Mo is a remarkably good teacher. He has a unique ability to stick to the course whilst also allowing his students to develop their Economics well beyond the parameters of the course. Mo's lessons are fun and dynamic and not a single one is the same. He has an undying passion for the subject which is hugely contagious. In many of our lessons we had thrilling debates and Mo is exceptional at playing devil's advocate in order to push one's arguments to the brink. I feel lucky to have been taught by Mo and I am extremely grateful for the passion he has instilled in me."
"Mo is quite simply the best teacher that I have ever been taught by. His enthusiasm and dedication is outstanding and he genuinely cares about the progress of his students. The breadth and depth of his knowledge mean that one can learn a great deal from him, and he is an exceptional communicator due to his vast experience in teaching. His attention to detail and rigour is first rate, and he makes sure to explain and clarify everything he teaches. I can guarantee that he will help you to achieve your potential through the hard work and effort that he puts in every day."
Here are the reasons that make me stand out as a first class tutor:
- From turning D grades into full UMS, or borderline Oxbridge applicants into successful ones, I have experience of it all.
- I have a decade of teaching experience in top UK private day and boarding schools (Eton College, Oundle School, Merchant Taylors' School), which has focussed on making complex concepts easy to understand.
- I tailor each of my lessons to the specific needs of my pupil. I am proud of taking incredible care of each pupil's weaknesses and turning them into a strength.
- I have spent years honing my teaching style and approach depending on the pupil in front of me. If one approach does not work for you, I will try different ones, until we find the right one for you. But I do believe you have the ability to learn the material - it just takes that eureka moment for it to click!
- After a couple of tutoring sessions with me, I guarantee your confidence with the material will have increased.
- I firmly believe all pupils are capable of a top grade, with the right focus, nudging and encouragement - and crucially, as long as the material is explained clearly and repeatedly.
- I have high expectations and by raising the bar to meet them, you will realise you can achieve much more than you believed possible.
- I am very patient and am skilled at teaching those who are struggling with the subject, to those who want more advanced tutoring for example for Oxbridge.
- I have many years worth of experience both in the classroom and private tutoring that I am yet to meet a pupil who I cannot explain even the most complicated concepts to.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Cambridge University (2004) - 2:1 Economics (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
You've been very driven in the process and very focussed, which helps !