Information About Mark - Scarborough tutor - (2 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Mark:
I'm 33 years old. I currently teach Science to students up to the age of 16 in Scarborough. I studied Pharmacology at the University of Newcastle, graduating 12 years ago and going on to to complete a PGCE in Science (Biology) at Nottingham Trent University.
I am from Scarborough originally and so I know the area well, I will be happy to tutor students in my own home or elsewhere. My hobbies include reading, football, going to the gym, cycling and music/films.
- 10 years experience as a science teacher, teaching biology and chemistry mainly but also physics.
Below are some of the skill sets I would hope to pass on to students… ■ Reading between the lines
■ Deciding how to tackle a problem
■ Seeing how to break a task down
■ Generating ideas
■ Organising ideas
■ Identifying the main points
■ Checking and self-correction strategies
■ Securing concepts
■ Pattern spotting
■ Identifying relationships
■ Articulating reasons and giving explanations
■ Risk taking
■ Making mistakes without fear of failure
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Nottingham Trent University (2008) - PGCE (Science, Biology) (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Newcastle (2006) - Pharmacology 2:2 Hons (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Scarborough VI Form College (2003) - A-LEVELS - BIOLOGY (C), MATHS (C), CHEMISTRY (C) (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Graham School, Scarborough (2001) - GCSE - 2 x A*, 4 x A, 4 x B, 1 x C, (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|