Information About Maria - Merton tutor - (2 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Maria:
Maria offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am a French national with a Masters Degree in Modern Languages from the Sorbonne University in Paris. Since 1990 I have taught French and Italian to students at primary, secondary and university level in Paris, Milan and London, covering both language and literature.
I know the technique to achieve the best results at exams. My unique approach has been recognised by the Times Educational Supplement. I train teachers and my method is used in schools in the UK. Just look at my publications on **Web Address Removed** or Brilliant Publications.
I give private tuition to children and adults and I successfully prepare my students for the following exams: Common Entrance / GCSE / IGCSE / A Level / IB.
French and Italian language teacher:
- Tuition for primary/Common Entrance/GCSE/IGCSE/A-Level students (various examination boards: mostly Edexcel and AQA)
- Courses for companies including Goldman Sachs, Sony, Ubisoft and ICL
- Italian teacher at Wimbledon High School
- French evening classes at West Norwood Adult Education Centre
-Taught Italian to GCSE students at Wimbledon High School for two years.
-Established a new French club for primary children at Park Community School in Morden.
-Examiner for the Baccalaureate in France
Teacher Trainer for primary and secondary teachers.
I believe that a foreign language can be remembered and mastered by students if they use memory tricks and idea association. That’s why I created my own innovative way of teaching as presented in my books published by Brilliant Publications and supplied on Amazon.
Here are some examples:
- cacher = to hide (Memory trick: imagine you hide your cash and cash reminds us of cacher).
- cher = expensive (Memory trick: when something is expensive we want to share the expense).
- pendant = during (Memory trick: in the word ‘during’ there is ‘ring’. However, the French word use a different piece of jewellery: pendant)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Italian
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Sorbonne University Paris (1988) - Certificat d'Etudes Superieures (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Sorbonne University Paris (1987) - Licence Langues Vivantes Etrangeres in Italian language (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- Sorbonne University Paris (1985) - Diplome d'Etudes Universitaires Generales in Italian (Other) (✔ On File)
- Lycee Jean Jaures Paris (1983) - Baccalaureat (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
I highly recommend Maria.