I am 25 years old, and a qualified Secondary Maths Teacher. I received the highest grade of an "outstanding" teacher.
I graduated from Aston University in 2014, where I studied BSc Chemistry & Mathematics. I have been tutoring for several years, my main subject is mathematics which I have excelled at from a young age.
I have a broad range of experience turning around students who are below their target grade, as well as challenging high achieving students. In my teaching career thus far I have taught a wide age range from 6-25 years, and specialise in teaching troubled students and those lacking confidence, as well as pushing very bright pupils.
I also have a DBS Check (previously known as CRB).
I have worked on the best method for online tuition, I use Zoom and Bitpaper and I have a graphics tablet which is exactly like writing on an actual whiteboard. If you want anymore information about this, feel free to contact me.
Maths Coach- Birmingham School:
March 2017 onwards
Maths Teacher- Birmingham Academy:
July 2016 - February 2017
Maths Teacher- Birmingham Academy:
January 2016 – July 2016
Maths Teacher- Birmingham School:
September 2015 – December 2015
• Planned daily and weekly lessons according to the Mathematics Mastery Programme.
• Provided general support and one-to-one assistance for pupils. Helped children with their learning and social development, including pupils with SEN or EAL.
• Taught classes in KS3 and KS4, and small KS5 groups.
• Participated in workshops, autism training and extracurricular activities for professional development.
September 2014 – August 2015
• Created the SEN register, provision map and intervention timetables for Maths and English.
• Allocated classes for 7 TA’s, and created their timetables, updated the timetables regularly throughout the year, scrutinising the data to see which students/classes had the greatest need.
• Contributed to the delivery of teaching and provided support and mentoring for groups and individual students, including those with SEN and EAL.
• Delivered educational programmes and assessed their impact on pupils.
• Organised and maintained books, learning materials and resources.
Private Tutor: September 2008 – June 2015
• Helped individual students, and small groups of students develop mathematical skills, prepare for exams (including the 11+, GCSE, Functional Skills and A levels) and charted their progress.
• Successfully helped all students improve by at least one grade, in many cases more.
June 2013 - January 2014
• Supported students who were falling behind in lessons.
• Helped individual students prepare for end of term/year exams and GCSE’s.
• Worked with students in groups of 5 to 6 to help with Maths homework & other challenging topics.
• Set homework based on individual requirements.
June 2010 - May 2011
• Worked independently to arrange and organise support classes for GCSE and A Level students, studying Chemistry or Maths.
I have tutored at various levels; KS1, KS2, SATS, KS3, GCSE, A Level and for entrance exams (11+).
Maths (A*), Chemistry (A), Psychology (B) and Physics (B)
9 A*-A's including Maths, English, Chemistry and Physics.
Follow the syllabus and identify weaknesses which are then focused on. I scaffold the work for students to try to figure out the mathematical techniques for themselves rather than just giving them the answer. Go over many past exam papers.
|Languages||English (British), Urdu|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (evenings)|
|References Available||On File|
|Birmingham City University||2016||PGCE||PGCE - Secondary Mathematics|
|Joseph Chamberlain College||2011||College||A* - A Level Maths|
|Joseph Chamberlain College||2011||College||A - A Level Chemistry|
|Aston University||2014||Bachelors||BSc Chemistry & Mathematics|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||3|