Information About Lee - Stourport-on-Severn tutor - (4 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Lee:
Lee offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
As well as teaching, I'm a guitarist, singer and have worked as a professional artist since 2007.
I specialise in using mnemonics or memory methods to help students.
I am particularly good at teaching boys who dont quite "get English". I do this by presenting writing as a series of tricks , which are guaranteed to work.
There's the trick of using contrast for emphasis- easily learnt , used and understood.
Then there's the trick of 'thoughts and feelings'- used to get the reader to identify.
I find this approach works very well and builds confidence quickly.
I also teach drama/ public speaking having acted extensively in drama/ street theatre performances
Times tables are a speciality of mine.
30 years experience teaching English and Maths both at primary and secondary level.
My main focus, in English lessons is producing highly effective game-changing input tailored to your child's specific needs.
Key Areas are as follows:
1) Writers' techniques made easy, so your child can easily identify them and explain their effectiveness.
2) Writers' techniques applied, so their own writing improves significantly.
3) Vocabulary development- to powerfully impact reader/examiner and to empower your child in life , as well as improved exam results.
4) The use of mnemonics/memory methods applied particularly to English Literature texts
Establishing good relationships and developing your child's confidence is central to my approach
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Newman College (1980) - Social Studies / English (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Trent Polytechnic. (1979) - Social Sciences BA(2:1) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||4|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
That's very kind.
Of course Tom is a super student who makes it easy .
That's very kind of you.