I am qualified teacher of Business Education (Accounts/Admin/Business Management/IT/Economics) and worked in a secondary school for a number of years before becoming a Lecturer in Glasgow. Currently Curriculum Manager at a College in Glasgow. I also teach on the MSc/MEd programmes in Education at Strathclyde University at the PG Diploma in Teaching at UHI.
I am the author of most National 5 and Higher Business Management textbooks in Scotland.
Just about to submit (early 2018) a Doctoral thesis for examination in Education at the University of Strathclyde. Previously obtained a BA Hons, PgCert and Masters of Education.
Other appointments -
- SQA Team Leader for National 5 Business Management
- SQA Examination Paper Marker for Nat 5 and Higher Business
- SQA Senior External Verifier for NQ Business Management
- SQA External Verifier for NQ Administration
- SQA Examiner/Team Leader for e-Marking
- Author of 7 books in Business Management
- New National 5 BM Question Paper Validator, and Question Paper Item Writer for new Higher BM
- Have published a number of items for BEN (Business Education Network) .
- Consultant to the SQA on the revised Enterprise and new Business & IT awards
I am very flexible and will taylor my tutoring towards your own individual needs (whether that be revision, helping prepare for exams, covering specific topics/units etc).
I can provide a wide variety (paper-based and electronic) of materials and resources to help you with your studies.
Happy to offer a proof-reading/critical friend reading of dissertations etc.
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|Strathclyde University||2014||Masters||Master of Education|
|Stirling University||2012||PGCE||PGCert Professional Learning and Leaderhsip|
|Stirling University||2006||Bachelors||BA Hons Business Studies and Professional Education (1st class Hons and Distinction in Teaching)|
|Strathclyde University||2018||Doctorate||Doctor of Education|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||1|