I see myself closer to the role of a mentor rather than a tutor, with my goal being to help students maximise their potential and achieve their set goals. These can range from academic excellence to securing a full-time job in investment banking or joining a top university.
I have studied Economics at UCL, where I graduated at the top of my class with First Class, Russian Studies at OXFORD, and Management at the Judge Business School in CAMBRIDGE (Distinction). Moreover, I hold a PhD in Economics (UCL, 2016).
As you can see in my profile, I characterise myself as an Investor, Entrepreneur, and Academic. As a university lecturer, I primarily taught Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Econometrics, Finance, and Industrial Economics to undergraduate students and International Business and Finance to Postgraduate students. Through this work, I identified various gaps in the educational sector, and as a result, I decided to start my own tutoring company and my own educational consulting group. Yet I am still very passionate about teaching, so apart from running the companies, I have kept the role of the head tutor. At the same time, I am passionate about the world of finance, so apart from being heavily invested in the academic aspect of finance, I also have my own investment company.
Despite my various professional endeavours, I still consider myself a professional tutor. Tutoring for me is not just an additional source of income but a significant source of creativity in my life. In fact, I believe that there are strong complementarities between my two, as, through my entrepreneurial activities, I get the chance to give real-life examples to my students as well as help them understand the real world.
My students have achieved outstanding results, and I believe that I have all the necessary skills required to improve their academic performance and help them fulfil their potential. Throughout my career, I have had extensive experience with families of high-net-worth individuals, primarily from the Middle East, Eastern Europe, and the United Kingdom.
Looking specifically at the SERVICES I offer:
■ Regular Tutoring for GCSE, IGCSE, IB, A Level
■ University Admissions (Undergraduate + Postgraduate + PhD)
■ University Tutoring
■ Casual Learners
■ Job Applications
I help students with their job applications and interviews, primarily those interested in graduate programmes within the financial industry, especially investment banking and private equity. This includes:
FREE INITIAL CONSULTATION + QUALITY ASSURANCE
After purchasing my details, and so as to ensure the compatibility between the student and myself, I will organise a free 15-minute consultation, where we can discuss in more detail what are his/hers key objectives, the way I can support him/her in his/her studies, and devise a way to move forward. After the meeting, we can schedule our first session, and in case the student does not feel satisfied with it, I will provide a refund. Note that references are available on request and that I usually become fully booked by late February/early March. An enhanced DBS certificate is also available.
Over the past 15 years, I have been helping more than 300 students with their studies in Economics, Finance, Statistics, and other Business-related subjects, primarily at the university level.
Looking specifically at the subjects I have experience teaching:
1. Finance: I have focused on: Corporate Finance, Time Value of Money, Bond Valuation, Stock Valuation, Advanced Corporate Finance, Financial Management, Derivatives, Decision Making and Simulation, and CFA Levels 1 and 2.
2. Accounting: I am in a position to teach courses related to financial and managerial accounting on various levels of study. Some intermediate topics in accounting can also be covered during our sessions, including leasing and consolidated financial statements.
3. Statistics and Statistical Modelling: I have in-depth knowledge in areas such as Regression with Cross-Sectional Data, Logistic Regression, Panel Data, Variable Instrumental estimation, Time Series, Econometrics, Financial Econometrics, Parametric/Non-Parametric Test, Analysis of Variance, Multivariate Analysis, Statistical Hypothesis Testing, Fundamentals of Probability, and Probability Theory.
4. Economics: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Financial Economics, Industrial Economics, Labour Economics, International Trade, Emerging Market Economics, Pricing Strategy
5. Management Related courses: Marketing, Management, Sustainability, Human Resources, Quantitative Methods, Business Analytics, Operations, Entrepreneurship, Business Planning, Strategy
I have a strong track record of performance improvement for all the students that join me in their educational journey. My students come from a wide variety of backgrounds, including; Russell Group Universities, leading Independent Schools and Adult Learners studying for Professional Qualifications in Finance. An indicative list of the previous academic year is presented below:
Tutoring support to students attending the following courses:
• Wharton Business School - Economics Major
• University of Westminster - BA Business Economics
• University of Westminster - BSc Financial Economics
• Bayes Business School - BSc Investment and Financial Risk Management
• University of Essex - BA Sociology with Social Psychology
• UCL - MSc Finance
• UCL - BSc Economics
• UCL - MSc Management
• Imperial Business School - MSc Investment and Wealth Management
• Kings College London - BA International Development
• Kings College London - BSc Computer Science with Management
• QMUL - MSc Finance
• INSEAD - Global Executive MBA
• Kings College London - Law LLB
• Regents - MSc International Fashion Management
In addition, every year I assist my students with their applications (undergraduate and postgraduate)
Successful Undergraduate Applications
• UCL - BSc Economics
• University of Edinburgh - MA Economics with Finance
• LSE - BSc Economics and Management
• Kings College London - BSc Management
Successful Postgraduate Applications
• Imperial College Business School- MSc Investment & Wealth Management
• Imperial College Business School - MSc Financial Technology
• UCL - MSc Real Estate Economics and Investment Analysis
• Kings College London - MSc Banking and Finance
• Bayes Business School - MSc Shipping, Trade and Finance
• Bayes Business School - MSc Energy, Trade and Finance
• University of Oxford - MSc in Economics for Development
• University of Cambridge (Judge Business School) - MPhil in Management
My approach to tutoring is tailor-made, meaning that I am always seeking to adjust to the particular needs of each student. In some sessions, especially those that are close to the exam period, I focus on developing their exam skills and go through some well-tested revision techniques.
For all sessions, the objective is to make the class as interactive as possible. I follow the "Socratic" approach to learning, whereby I guide my students towards obtaining the correct answers with а series of well-placed questions rather than providing the answers straight away. Lastly, I advocate an empirical understanding of theoretical concepts, thus frequently referencing real-world examples from my work in finance and seeking to bring theory to life through life examples, cards, games, and financial trading.
I am very patient and endeavour to build a strong working relationship with my students based on honesty and openness. I have high expectations of myself and my students, and as a result, I can be very demanding yet always committed to helping them achieve their goals. I pride myself in my RELIABILITY - meaning that I will never abandon a student before the exams or any other key commitments that he/she might have. I ensure CONTINUOUS SUPPORT for students, and I make myself available for questions via phone or e-mail throughout the day, outside class hours and free of charge. I am always OPEN TO FEEDBACK from the student, and I expect an honest relationship and communication with them. To achieve this, I aim to create a strong rapport with them while patiently helping them deal with any difficulties they face.
|Languages||Greek, English (British), French, Russian, Chinese|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|UCL (University College London)||2016||Doctorate||Economics|
|University of Cambridge||2010||Masters||Management|
|University of Oxford||2009||Masters||Russian Studies|
|UCL (University College London)||2008||Bachelors||Economics|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||1|