Information About Kimberley - Peckham tutor - (14 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Kimberley:
Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics with Honours (BSc, Hons).
A friendly hello to you.
I have been a private tutor for over ten years now -
From a young age, there was continuous recognition of my academic achievements in the subjects of English, Science and Mathematics. Throughout my time at school, I was awarded a two year Mathematics Bursary by the Clothworkers’ Foundation where I attended tutorials at the Imperial College University at age 16. I then went on to be selected for the prestigious Mathematics Residential Course at Oxford University at age 18. Following this, I went on to graduate from a top university where I studied for a degree in Mathematics.
Since then, I have successfully gone on to work within the field of Finance and Banking whilst still providing tutor lessons. I have been employed by some of the top recognised companies in this field including Deloitte, Accenture, The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS) and Lloyds Banking Group (LBG) - And I believe that what helped me excel in my chosen career path, was my ability to interpret and to understand, the subject of Mathematics.
Kumon: Teaching Assistant
- Allocated responsibility for all Higher Level Mathematics & English queries.
- Supported children with development of skills in literacy and numeracy to supplement school work.
- Provided a stimulating learning environment ensuring all children were effectively managed.
- Delivered and developed support for pupils through listening, guidance and encouragement.
- Identified and accommodated students’ strengths and weaknesses, and applied the appropriate teaching methods.
SEN Learning Support Assistant
- Provided support in both primary and secondary schools teaching students with Special Educational Needs, e.g. Autism, ADHD, learning, social and behavioural difficulties.
- Maintained a safe and effective class routine, to provide a stimulating learning environment.
- Ensured all students felt comfortable with their individual or group learning tasks.
Since the age of four I have studied Math not only within the school curriculum, but outside the school curriculum also. So I am very aware of how confusing it may feel to students who find the subject interesting but hard to grasp, let alone those who find it not so appealing at all. But during my 10 years of math tutoring and coaching, I've learnt techniques required to break such struggles down.
My aim now is to help a young person tap into their Math potential - showing them it can become one of the subjects they actually most enjoy.
Thank you for your time. And good luck :)
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Queen Mary, University of London (2011) - BSc Mathematics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- La Retraite RC Girls School (2008) - 4 A-Levels: Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Sociology (College) (✔ On File)
- La Retraite RC Girls School (2006) - 10 GCSE's: Including 1A*, 6As & one year early entry Mathematics [Grade A] (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||14|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
My daughter is able to now recall what she has learnt and put it into practice. This has helped her at school and she is improving.
I would recommend Kimberly as she is knowledgable in her subject area and is friendly.