Bachelor of Science Degree in Mathematics with Honours (BSc, Hons).
A friendly hello to you,
I have been a private tutor for over fifteen years now. And to date, have tutored and trained students to obtain places at top grammar schools, private schools and universities, such as Dulwich College, JAGS and the University of Manchester to study Law, to name but a few. In addition, I have helped students secure places at top performance schools such as The BRIT School, due to them meeting the academic Math & English requirements.
From the age of four years old, there was continuous recognition of my academic achievements in the subjects of English, Science and Mathematics. Throughout my time in schooling, I was awarded a two year Mathematics Bursary by the Clothworkers’ Foundation where I attended tutorials at the Imperial College University of London at age 16. I then went on to be selected for the prestigious Mathematics Residential Course at Oxford University at age 18. From here I was called back by Oxford University to work on a Scientific Research Thesis, and by Cambridge University to work alongside their renowned Mathematics Professors. I then went on to graduate from a top university where I studied for a degree in Mathematics.
Since then, I have successfully gone on to professionally work in the corporate field of Finance and Banking. Here I have been employed by some of the most top recognised companies in the field including Deloitte, Accenture, The Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and the The Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS).
I believe that what helped me excel in my chosen career path, was my ability to interpret and to understand, the subject of Mathematics.
Primary/Secondary School Teaching Assistant
- Allocated responsibility for all Higher Level Mathematics & English queries.
- Supported children with development of skills in literacy and numeracy to supplement school work.
- Provided a stimulating learning environment ensuring all children were effectively managed.
- Delivered and developed support for pupils through listening, guidance and encouragement.
- Identified and accommodated students’ strengths and weaknesses, and applied the appropriate teaching methods.
SEN Learning Support Assistant
- Provided support in both primary and secondary schools teaching students with Special Educational Needs, e.g. Autism, ADHD, learning, social and behavioural difficulties.
- Maintained a safe and effective class routine, to provide a stimulating learning environment.
- Ensured all students felt comfortable with their individual or group learning tasks.
Since the age of four I have studied Math not only within the school curriculum, but outside the school curriculum also. So I am very aware of how confusing it may feel to students who find the subject interesting, but hard to grasp, let alone those who might not find it very appealing at all. But during my 15+ years of math tutoring and coaching, I've learnt techniques required to break such struggles down.
My aim now is to help young students and children tap into and grow their Math potential - showing them it can become one of the subjects they actually most enjoy.
Thank you for your time,
And good luck with your tutor search :)
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|Queen Mary, University of London||2011||Bachelors||BSc Mathematics|
|La Retraite RC Girls School||2008||College||4 A-Levels: Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Sociology|
|La Retraite RC Girls School||2006||School||10 GCSE's: Including 1A*, 6As & one year early entry Mathematics [Grade A]|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||1|