Information About Karyn - Market Harborough tutor - (6 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Karyn:
Born in France, I have a degree in Psychology.
Since relocating in the United Kingdom, my working background has been for the last 16 years teaching French, (primarily with adults & the business sector), and Psychology (A-levels, GCSE and University Foundation Programmes).
Since Oct 2009 - Academic Tutor, Brooke House College, Market Harborough.
Teaching: Psychology, Sociology, Humanities and French -GCSE, A Level and University Foundation Programmes.
February 2002 – July 2008 – Adult Tutor, Welland Park Community College, Market Harborough
• Teaching different levels of French courses – Holiday French, Beginner French, French levels 1 to 7, and also Business French.
• Outlook Project – Leicestershire Health Service – teaching French to adults recovering from mental health difficulties.
• Created course “Living the Dream” – designed to help students relocate to France.
• Created website for French level 2 students to enhance using the Internet. Developed in partnership with Loughborough University – Technology to Enhance Adult Community Learning.
November 2004 - July 2006 – Adult Tutor, Business French – The Energy Brokers Ltd, Leicester – teaching on a weekly basis Business French to a group of European Account Managers.
September 2003 – July 2004 – Adult Tutor, Learn Direct – Focus Four Training, Lutterworth – taught beginners, intermediate and advanced levels using new IT packages.
August 2004 and 2005 and Easter 2006 and 2007 – Adult Tutor, Uppingham School, Uppingham, Rutland – developed and taught intensive French courses Stages 1 and 2 over one week periods
• Proven ability across a wide range of language courses
• Experienced at motivating learners to succeed
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Welland Park teacher Trainings (2006) - Other training courses – include “Mixed-ability teaching with Adults in the Classroom”, “Creative Writing”, “Learning Disabilities – including Dyslexia”. (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- City & Guilds (2005) - City & Guilds 7407 and 7307 - Stages 1 and 2 Further Education Teaching Certificates (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University (1994) - BSc (Pysch) – University of Bordeaux, France (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||6|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
I would definately recommend her to other pupils.