• Qualified teacher of Chemistry, teaching various educational sectors from past 8 years.
• Examiner for Edexcel board marking GCSE and A level Chemistry exams.
• Private Tutoring experience of teaching OCR A and B Salters, Edexcel, AQA and international and Edexcel GCSE.
• M.Sc. M.Phil. in Chemistry and has diverse teaching experience from teaching in UK to overseas.
• Wide experience of teaching has enabled me to work effectively with students of different social, educational and cultural backgrounds. I feel my wide experience of teaching in school context will allow me to become a successful tutor. I had tutored earlier to individuals and small groups of students and offer friendly, relaxed lessons, tailored exactly to what the pupil requires.
• Being Examiner with Exam board has helped me to give insight into common mistakes/errors that students make while attempting questions and what examiners like and dislike. It has taught me Self-discipline and effective time management.
My present experience includes working as a Chemist at State Sector, Sixth form College and FE sector. I am involved in teaching iGCSE, A levels, fast track A level groups, University foundation programme, Btec and Access courses to HE in Science and Pharmacy. One of my responsibilty includes teaching students according to their educational needs, including the appropriate setting and providing academic guidance and counselling to students.
Apart from that I taught overseas(India) as Head of Chemistry department teaching Chemistry to GCSEs and A levels. It was quite a challenging job but at the same time it gave me such an enriched experience of working with variety of people.
I enjoy teaching and am considered to have a caring approach. I try to make sure that learning takes place in a relaxed but studious and friendly environment, tailored exactly to what the pupil requires. My aim is to enable the students to become logical thinkers and develop their reasoning skills, to make connections, to practise, reinforce and to learn.
I understand every individual has different learning styles and needs. I always encourage my students to be proactive and ask for support when it is necessary. I am able to help my students to maximise their potential using targeted revision and exam techniques. My focus is to encourage my students to practice past papers which in turn best prepares students for their exams.
|Languages||Hindi, English (British), Punjabi|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (evenings)|
|References Available||On File|
|Society for education and training,London||2016||QTS||QTLS|
|Madurai Kamaraj University, India||2010||Masters||M.Phil.|
|Guru nanak dev University, India||2005||Masters||M.Sc.|
|Punjab University, India||2003||Bachelors||B.Ed.|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|