I am half Chinese, half Thai. I grew up from a mixed-cultural background, having lived in Hong Kong, Singapore, and currently London. I'm holding both HKSAR and British citizenships.
Having gone through the GCSE and IB system myself, I offer students specialised support in subjects including Biology, Chemistry and Mandarin Chinese (Standard or Higher). I am also familiar with the A-level system as I have been teaching students in London over the last 7 years.
I am also keen on supporting beginners or business professionals who are interested in learning Mandarin Chinese.
I am a good listener, and a patient tutor. I always seek to build a trusting relationship with the tutees, whose learning progress and comfort is a top priority.
Aside from academics and tuition, I am also a freelance artist, specialized in oil painting, charcoal sketches and watercolours.
2014 - Present: Private tutor, Bonas Macfarlane, London, UK
• Math, Sciences and Mandarin Chinese (8, 10 years old)
• Mandarin Chinese (Beginner and GCSE, 13 and 15 years old)
2011- 2016: Academic mentor, Exscitec – Higher Education Industry, London, UK
• Utilised communication and teaching skills to convey scientific ideas (stem cell biology, medical science strands) to classes of 15-20 high school students from different backgrounds.
• Became a positive and motivational role model for young students.
Oct-Dec 2013: Private tutor for A-level and GCSE Biology and 11+ Math, Bangkok, Thailand
• Provided support for regular school works.
• Successfully prepared the students for their unit tests
• Taught exam preparation techniques for GCSE and A-level.
|Languages||English (British), Thai, Chinese, Cantonese|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Oxford (Wolfson College)||2014||Doctorate||D Phil in Ophthalmology|
|Imperial College London||2009||Bachelors||BSc in Biology|
|United World College of South East Asia||2005||School||International Baccalaureate|