Information About Ka Yun - Kensington tutor
This is how 3 referees rated Ka Yun:
Ka Yun offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
I am half Chinese, half Thai. I grew up from a mixed-cultural background, having lived in Hong Kong, Singapore, and currently London. I'm holding both HKSAR and British citizenships.
Having gone through the GCSE and IB system myself, I offer students specialised support in subjects including Biology, Chemistry and Mandarin Chinese (Standard or Higher). I am also familiar with the A-level system as I have been teaching students in London over the last 7 years.
I am also keen on supporting beginners or business professionals who are interested in learning Mandarin Chinese.
I am a good listener, and a patient tutor. I always seek to build a trusting relationship with the tutees, whose learning progress and comfort is a top priority.
Aside from academics and tuition, I am also a freelance artist, specialized in oil painting, charcoal sketches and watercolours.
**2014 - Present: Private tutor, Bonas Macfarlane, London, UK**
• Math, Sciences and Mandarin Chinese (8, 10 years old)
• Mandarin Chinese (Beginner and GCSE, 13 and 15 years old)
**2011- 2016: Academic mentor, Exscitec – Higher Education Industry, London, UK**
• Utilised communication and teaching skills to convey scientific ideas (stem cell biology, medical science strands) to classes of 15-20 high school students from different backgrounds.
• Became a positive and motivational role model for young students.
**Oct-Dec 2013: Private tutor for A-level and GCSE Biology and 11+ Math, Bangkok, Thailand**
• Provided support for regular school works.
• Successfully prepared the students for their unit tests
• Taught exam preparation techniques for GCSE and A-level.
- Structured teaching with goals
- Alignment of the teaching with syllabus
- Exam techniques and time management
- Past paper practices
- Generation of structured revision notes
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Cantonese, Chinese, Thai
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Oxford (Wolfson College) (2014) - D Phil in Ophthalmology (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- Imperial College London (2009) - BSc in Biology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- United World College of South East Asia (2005) - International Baccalaureate (School) (✔ On File)