This is how 2 referees rated Johnny:
Johnny offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
I have 4 years experience as a full-time, specialist tutor for Maths and Biology. I'm a dedicated and passionate tutor who aims to galvanise pupils' enthusiasm for learning. I also hold a 1st class BSc honours degree in Physiology from the University of Manchester.
I find tuition to be extremely rewarding and very enjoyable, as it combines my passion for the sciences (including Maths) with the reward of helping others. In my spare time I enjoy kickboxing, playing football and travelling. Music is also a great passion of mine and I have been teaching myself music production for the past 2 years now.
• 4 years’ experience as a private residential tutor and 1 year as a teacher at a private college in north London
• Successfully prepared tutees for secondary school and college entry.
• Helped students get into top schools such as Latymer, St.Paul’s and Kingston grammar.
• Tutored A-level Biology and prepared tutees for University entry (including Oxbridge).
I particularly enjoy making the sciences easily accessible for those struggling with the fundamentals. In these situations, it’s important to maintain an adaptable approach and try to find ways to keep students engaged whether that be a change of teaching style, the use of props and visual aids, or simply drawing parallels and analogies with subjects that they enjoy.
Although I adapt my teaching technique to suit the needs of the tutee, my default tutoring style is structured and methodical and I tend to use lots of exam questions. My philosophy is "slow but steady wins the race" and try apply this to my tutoring to ensure students are absorbing all the information possible. I also try to break concepts down into easily digestible pieces of information to help tutees take in difficult concepts.
As a tutor I offer:
• An adapted teaching method to suit the needs of the student
• Comprehensive, tailor-made, lesson plans that accommodate the specific level of the student.
• Support to students to ensure they maximised their potential - I am able to answer questions they have during out-of-hours, i.e. round-the-clock assistance (helpful during exam period).
• Assessment and monitoring of students performance to help them to prepare for upcoming exams or Key Stages.
• Selected and modified learning resources to meet the student’s diverse needs.
• Created tailor-made worksheets to consolidate concepts
|Date Last Logged In:||01/12/2016|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||4|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||4 Av. 4.75/5.00|
Tags: Acton Maths tutor, Acton Biology tutor, Acton Primary Maths tutor, Acton Secondary Maths tutor, Acton GCSE Maths tutor, Acton Primary Biology tutor, Acton Secondary Biology tutor, Acton GCSE Biology tutor, Acton A-Level Biology tutor