Information About John - Salisbury tutor - (15 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated John:
John offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
Availability now only daytime slots (mostly Mon), suitable for A level students with "frees" (or Mature students).
I am an enthusiastic qualified Maths teacher PGCE (11-18) with a broad technical background. I am an established Maths tutor at KS3, GCSE and A level.
I live with my wife and children who have all attended local schools in Salisbury.
I have been tutoring students in the Salisbury area for nearly five years. I am PGCE (Maths 11-18) qualified with an enhanced CRB disclosure.
I have significant experience of:
- Boosting student GCSE grades
- Achieving a GCSE "pass" grade (including resits)
- Improving number (decimal and fraction) and algebra skills that hold back many students in year 8 and year 9
- Boosting confidence
- Stretching able students (eg AQA Further Pure GCSE Maths)
- Preparing (many) A level students for examination (or resits).
I use a range of methods suited to the individual learner, which include standard texts/worksheets, new GCSE 9-1 materials and using interactive physical resources.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (daytime)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Bath University (2009) - Maths Secondary (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- IET (2000) - CEng (Other) (✔ On File)
- Open University (1993) - MSc Computing (College) (✔ On File)
- University of Aston in Birmingham (1985) - BSc (1st) Electrical Eng (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||15|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
First lesson was really good, John made me feel welcome in his home, easy to talk to, explained everything in detail, made maths easy to learn.
Lucy is happy to email him if she is not sure about anything and he responds incredibly quickly. In short he's a terrific tutor and have no hesitation in recommending him incredibly highly.
With two sessions now completed, I am very pleased with the plan and how the tutorials are progressing, which are without a doubt increasing my nephew's confidence, skills and knowledge.
I would not hesitate to recommend John to others.