Information About Jenna - Oakham tutor - (1 review)
This is how 4 referees rated Jenna:
Government and Politics
Hi, I'm Jenna.
I am a qualified history teacher, completing my PGCE in 2011-12 at the University of Roehampton. I also have a 2:1 undergraduate degree in European and International Studies, and a master's degree from the University of Warwick, in Religious and Social History 1500-1700 (ideal for the Tudor A-Level courses).
I am also a huge Leicester City fan and try to get to as many home games as possible.
I have taught many subjects, but have specialised in History and Politics at A-Level. My teaching has been consistently graded as 'outstanding' or 'good'. Students in all key stages make good progress in their lessons.
I have worked with a large range of different students, and love helping them maximise their potential. My major successes in teaching include:
• 100 per cent A* to C History A-Level (ALPs 3)
• At KS4 42 percent of students of students achieved an A* or A, with 80 percent of students attaining A* to C grades
• Appointed language lead for the history department working closely with the literacy team to embed the latest strategies into our lessons, with the aim of improving vocabulary and language for learning at KS3
• Worked with Facing History and Ourselves to design and implement a series of lessons about the Nanjing Massacre for year 8. This work was featured in an international blog.
I balance being an academically vigorous teacher with a quirky teaching style, as I believe that students make the most progress when they are having fun. I let each student's needs guide and inform my teaching, enabling them to make progress.
I have a strong interest in academic writing and in using this as a tool to access better grades. Prior to teaching I worked as a copywriter and editor working with well-known household brands, so I really enjoy working with students to improve their essay techniques.
As a registered examiner for EdExcel History GCSE and A-Level, I have a thorough understanding of what is required to succeed in these examinations.
I can be flexible most of time. Time is allocated on a first come first served basis.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Department of Education (2013) - Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- University of Roehampton (2012) - PGCE Secondary History (11-18) (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of Warwick (2007) - MA in Social and Religious History 1500-1700 (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Hull (2003) - BA (Hons) European and International Studies(2:1) (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|