I am a Head of Department in an Outstanding School in the North West, teaching 16-18 year olds
I have worked as a Private Tutor for various tutoring organisations and as self employed for over 10 years
I have an honours degree in Psychology, a Masters in Psychology (University of Manchester), a Post Graduate Certificate in Education, and a Graduate Diploma in Law (University of Law – Chester)
I am a member of the British Psychological Society, the Association for the Teaching of Psychology (UK), the American Psychological Association and Society for the Teaching of Psychology (USA)
I have written and shared resources on TES Authors
*** I OFFER A £5 DISCOUNT FOR ONLINE LESSONS ***
• I have over 20 years experience of teaching Psychology and Sociology.
• I have tutored around 100 students via First Tutors, both in the UK and Internationally
• I work for all the main examination boards, so I have a good understanding of the skills that are needed to be successful at A level and GCSE.
• I am experienced in teaching and assessing IGCSE, IGCE and AP Psychology and Sociology
• I have taught students of all ages, although I mainly work with A level students.
• My students consistently achieve high grades so I know that I am preparing them well!
I appreciate that the pandemic has been particularly hard on young people, with all the disruption to learning, therefore having a tutor giving one to one support can help to give a real boost.
I have a student led approach to tutoring and like to work hard for my students and I am on hand to give advice and support outside of scheduled lesson times.
I create individual study plans and I set regular homework to assess progress.
If required, I can produce reports and regular updates for the client
If you have any questions please just ask!
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (evenings)|
|References Available||On File|
|Manchester University||2005||Masters||Applied Psychology|
|University of Law (Chester)||2016||Other||Graduate Diploma in Law|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|