Information About James - Hemel Hempstead tutor - (7 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated James:
James offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
I work with high-aiming Science and Maths students who need guidance, support and coaching in order to challenge them to reach their highest academic potential.
If you would like to discuss your circumstances how working with me can change your academic path, please drop me a message and we can arrange a free trial lesson to see if working together would be a good fit.
In 2010, aged 16, I took my GCSEs and achieved 10 A/A* grades. In 2012, I took four A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Maths and achieved A*A*A*A*. I was incredibly proud to be the highest achieving student in my year and this helped me tremendously in terms of my own self-confidence.
Following my A levels, I moved to Cambridge to start a Bachelors Degree in Natural Sciences. I focused in the subject areas of Molecular Biology and Genetics and I graduated from Cambridge in 2015 with a 2.1.
Since graduating, I have worked full time as a private tutor for students sitting GCSE and A Level exams in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics. I teach individual and group lessons, both in-person, and online.
My goal with tuition is always to push for an A or an A* (or equivalent). I do not believe in aiming for anything less. A and A* grades are absolutely achievable for any student who has the right tools, support and a genuine commitment to improving their grade.
My priority is always to first ensure that the student understands the theory behind a topic and then that the student is able to answers exam questions using their new understanding. We practice not until the student gets it right but until the student can't get it wrong.
I encourage students to come to lessons with specific points they need help with. This is the most effective use of our time. I provide follow up resources to reinforce concepts we cover in lessons.
"Can you travel to my home?"
- I only offer lessons in person at my home and online.
"Where are lessons conducted?"
- Upon agreeing to a tutoring arrangement, FirstTutors will provide my address. My home is a quiet environment with very few distractions. Parents are welcome to stay for the first lesson. Online lessons are taught through Skype and the use of online-whiteboard technology.
"What are our payment options?"
- Online lessons can be paid for by Paypal or Bank Transfer. Payment by cash is possible for in-person lessons. I will not book you in for further lessons if you have not paid for lessons.
"What if I have to cancel a lesson?"
I understand you may sometimes need to reschedule or cancel lessons but will bring this up if it happens more than infrequently.
"What if I have to cancel on the day, or don't show up?"
Please don't do this. I give first-choice of lesson times to students who show up consistently.
"What if I am late for a lesson?"
Lessons start and end promptly on the hour or at half past the hour. To be fair to students after you, I can't run over our agreed lesson times.
Please get in touch if you would like to arrange a FREE trial lesson to see if we would be a good fit.
All the best.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge, UK (2015) - 2.1 BA Natural Sciences (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- English International College (Abroad, Spain) (2012) - A*A*A*A* Bio, Chem, Maths, Phys (College) (✘ Not On File)
- English International College (Abroad, Spain) (2010) - 10 A/A* Inc. Maths, Chem, Phys (College) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||7|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|