Information About Jacob - Tadley tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Jacob:
Jacob offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
I have recently completed my LLB (Hons) in Law at the University of Surrey, with first class honours, and I am currently studying my LLM (postgraduate course) in Public International Law at UCL. Although Public International Law is currently my main focus, I also have experience working in Mental Health Law, as well as studying the following areas:
- 6 'core' Law modules (Contract Law, Criminal Law, Law of Tort, Public Law, EU Law, Property Law, Equity & Trusts Law).
- Public International Law.
- International Criminal Law.
- Medical Law.
- Mental Health Law.
- Law of Evidence.
- Environmental Law.
Along with this more in-depth knowledge, I also studied Law at both A-Level and AS-Level, which covered the general areas of the subject. As such I would be comfortable tutoring individuals with any level of existing knowledge.
I have previously acted as a mentor for numerous first and second-year Law students during my time at the University of Surrey, assisting with their basic and in-depth understanding.
I have tutored both A-Level and Degree Level students; with both substantive content and legal essay structuring.
I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere in which students are able to learn effectively in a way which suits their needs.
The contents of the sessions will vary depending on the student; ranging from covering merely the content of the law, to a more detailed analysis that touches on conflicting arguments. The favoured structure to sessions would be:
- Discuss the fundamentals (i.e. what is the law?).
- Direct the student to further resources, with questions to answer (as is essential for a sufficient understanding, particularly at the higher levels).
- Discuss these resources and questions in the next session.
Of course, students can modify this structure if they feel this is not beneficial to them.
A standard module structure can be provided upon request, although this can be tailored to the student's studies or particular areas of interest.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Surrey (2018) - LLB Law, First-Class Honours (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Queen Mary’s College (2014) - A-Level Law, English Language, Maths (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Queen Mary’s College (2013) - AS-Level Biology (College) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|