Information About Jacob - Tadley tutor - (1 review)
This is how 2 referees rated Jacob:
Jacob offers a discount of 25% on their first / introductory lesson!
I have recently completed my LLB (Hons) in Law at the University of Surrey, and will be starting my LLM (postgraduate course) in Public International Law at UCL this coming academic year. Although Public International Law is currently my main focus, I also have experience working in Mental Health Law, as well as studying the following areas:
- 6 'core' Law modules (Contract Law, Criminal Law, Law of Tort, Public Law, EU Law, Property Law, Equity & Trusts Law).
- Public International Law.
- International Criminal Law.
- Medical Law.
- Mental Health Law.
- Law of Evidence.
- Environmental Law.
Along with this more in-depth knowledge, I also studied Law at both A-Level and AS-Level, which covered the general areas of the subject. As such I would be comfortable tutoring individuals with any level of existing knowledge.
I have previously acted as a mentor for numerous first and second-year Law students during my time at the University of Surrey, assisting with their basic and in-depth understanding.
I aim to create a relaxed atmosphere in which students are able to learn effectively in a way which suits their needs.
The contents of the sessions will vary depending on the student; ranging from covering merely the content of the law, to a more detailed analysis that touches on conflicting arguments. The favoured structure to sessions would be:
- Discuss the fundamentals (i.e. what is the law?).
- Direct the student to further resources, with questions to answer (as is essential for a sufficient understanding, particularly at the higher levels).
- Discuss these resources and questions in the next session.
Of course, students can modify this structure if they feel this is not beneficial to them.
A standard module structure can be provided upon request, although this can be tailored to the student's studies or particular areas of interest.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Surrey (2018) - LLB Law, First-Class Honours (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Queen Mary’s College (2014) - A-Level Law, English Language, Maths (College) (✘ Not On File)
- Queen Mary’s College (2013) - AS-Level Biology (College) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||1|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|