Hi, I am Imran. I am enthusiastic and passionate about teaching. I hold a First Class BSc Maths from King's college and PGCE from Institute of Education. I have been teaching Maths for over a decade. I am currently lecturing Maths at a Further Education Establishment.
I am very patient and aim to explain the most difficult things in the simplest of ways. Everyone has got A*s with in them and all it takes is the right guidance and hard work. I enjoy the satisfaction of helping others improve and achieve great results.
I have been teaching mainstream for over 10 years. I am currently a lecturer of Mathematics. I have tutored many students of the past decade all have reached their goals. Students have been from a wide range of backgrounds.
I use everyday examples to explain difficult topics. I do past papers with students from the last 10-15 years. I make sure my students are well acquainted with exam solving techniques. I provide them with the tools to ensure they succeed.
I do skype sessions well.
Every student is unique so I like to tailor my tuition for their needs. My method includes:
- Assessing students strengths and weaknesses.
- Applying different teaching methods and styles to suit the student's ability.
- Listening to the student's problems to find what they find difficult.
- Friendly approach which encourages student's confidence to ask - questions without hesitation
- Breaking down a large problem to manageable parts to ease understanding
The main reasons why students achieve lower grades are:
- Lack of knowledge
- Lack of exam practice
- Lack of time management skills during an actual exams
- Lack of practice to recognize keywords/key sentences in exam questions.
So I would put lot of emphasis on the above factors in my lessons. I aim to give students the tools that will last them past the exam.
All the students I have taught in the past have achieved great results.
|Languages||English (British), Urdu, Arabic|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|King's College London||2008||Bachelors||First Class in Mathematics|
|Institute of Education||2010||PGCE||Pass|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|