Information About Henry - Orpington tutor - (16 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Henry:
I have recently completed my PhD in Cambridge University, studying Biotechnology. My academic qualifications include:
- MSc Biochemical Engineering, University College London (2012)
- BSc Medical Biochemistry, King's College London (2011)
- International Baccalaureate (36), Bexley Grammar School (2008)
Maths (HL): 6
Biology (HL): 6
Chemistry (HL): 6
- GCSE (12 A* + A), Bexley Grammar School (2006)
What sets me apart from other tutors?
1) I have tutored a large number of students on a one-to-one basis for over 5 years, and they all went on to achieve their desired grades.
2) I am quite flexible in when I can offer lessons.
3) I am very flexible in what I teach, as I can cover all Sciences and Maths, so you don't need to find 2 or 3 different tutors!
4) I am quite young, which helps me see the problem from the student's perspective, since it wasn't that long ago when I was in their position.
5) I am able to tutor at GCSE level, A-Level or International Baccalaureate.
Since secondary school, Maths and the Sciences have always been my strengths, and I am lucky to have been able to apply both areas in my past and present degrees.
Besides English, I can speak Cantonese Chinese fluently, and a little bit of Mandarin Chinese.
Over the past 5 years, I have tutored a variety of pupils, and helped them achieve the grades they needed to proceed to sixth form or university.
Overall I have accumulated over 2000 hours of personal tuition.
I have experience with the Edexcel, OCR and AQA exam boards and can provide my students with relevant study materials.
Every student is different and my teaching style is adapted to their individual needs once we have identified their weaknesses.
I believe understanding is the best approach to learning and teaching. There's no point in just memorising things if you don't understand where they came from. I explain things in such a way that it is easy to understand, and I am very patient.
However, I cannot perform miracles. Students aiming for top grades would be expected to do some homework in between sessions.
I also offer a lot of flexibility. If the student has learnt something in school they didn't quite understand, I can go over the topic again with them during our lesson. If the student understood everything in school, I can teach them new topics to prepare them for when they learn that topic in school. Lastly, near exam times, I can offer intense exam revision and exam paper practice.
You will not be disappointed!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Cantonese, Chinese
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge (2017) - Biotechnology (PhD) (Doctorate) (✔ On File)
- University College London: Biochemical Engineering (MSc) (2012) - King's College London: Medical Biochemistry (BSc) (2011) (Other) (✔ On File)
- Bexley Grammar School (2008) - International Baccalaureate - 36 (Biology HL: 6, Chemistry HL: 6, Maths HL: 6, English SL: 5, Chinese SL: 7, Psychology SL: 5, EE + ToK: 1) (School) (✔ On File)
- Bexley Grammar School (2006) - GCSE (12 A*'s in Maths, English, English Lit, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, Latin, History, Geography, RS, Chinese. A in Spanish) (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||16|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
He is punctual, reliable and kind. I would surely recommend him to everyone who has problems with science or needs to fill the gaps.
You have managed to keep him productively engaged and I think the exam paper experience will be very useful for him.
We also appreciate your punctuality and how flexible you are with your teaching ie all 3 sciences and maths!