This is how 2 referees rated Hemananda:
Computer Studies / I.T.
Mr. Hemananda (Ravi)
Masters in Business Administration (General) | BSc (Hons.) in Information Technology | Diploma in Information Systems |
Certified Information Security Professional – Very Good Award (ISO 27001), 2009 |
Certified Information Security Professional – Outstanding Award (ISO/IEC 27001), 2013
I have over 16 years of experience in the IT industry and have always been a recognised problem-solver with an excellent record
of accomplishment and success in the implementation, training, team-leading and management of end-to-end software development, software maintenance, data migration, IT audit, IT due diligence and IT security projects in Mauritius, India, Comoros as well as in several African countries.
With diverse overseas assignments, I have gained considerable international exposure in different work environments and cultures,
which have further enriched my aptitudes, making me a more seasoned IT professional.
Given my knowledge and experience, I am currently writing a book on Software Engineering. The main object of the book is to help both
the student's community as well as the IT professional's community to have a more practical knowledge/understanding of Software Engineering, rather than being lost in the maze of theories.
I am well versed with the following development tools, databases and software:
- Oracle Apex
- Oracle Forms 6i, 9i, 10g
- Oracle Reports 6i, 9i, 10g
- Oracle SQL Loader
- Oracle Designer 6i, 9i, 10g
- Oracle Discoverer 10g (Discoverer Plus 10g, Discoverer Viewer 10g)
- Microsoft Front Page, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash, Image Composer, XML, Seagate Crystal Reports, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Access, Oracle Database 8, Oracle Database 8i, Oracle Database 9i, Oracle Database 10g, and Ms SQL Server, Oracle Database Express Edition
Other Expertise Knowledge are:
- Pseudocode, Algorithms and Data Structures
- Big O Notations
- Database Management Systems (Normalisation, Analysis & Design, SQL and PL SQL, Relational Algebra, etc… )
- Computer Architecture / Digital Systems
- Software Engineering
- Web Development
My hobbies are:
- Swimming, Trekking and Playing Soccer
- Playing Snooker and Petanque
- Practising Reiki, Yoga, Breathing Therapy and Meditation
I have been offering private tuitions since 2001 for a side income as well as for charity purposes. My students were:
1. Primary students (Mathematics, English, French, Computer Studies/IT)
2. Secondary students (Mathematics, Statistics, Accounting, Economics, Computer Studies/IT)
3. Tertiary students (Mathematics, Accounting, Computer Studies/IT), including British Computer Society (BCS) students
(a) I am very pleased that one of my BCS students topped the Software Development module including the Database Management Systems module examinations in Mauritius.
(b) I have assisted more than 50 students in their final year IT project (including the analysis/design/development of the system).
(c) I am also proud to say that after more than 3 failed attempts in renowned institutions, I have succeeded in getting 8 BCS students to be through the Software Development module examinations in their first 6 months being tutored by me.
I have equally provided training courses on programming (to name a few: Visual Basic, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL, etc… ) for at least 8 years.
Every new batch of tuition starts with getting to know more about the students. It is at the same time important to give the students enough space to familiarise themselves with me. A discussion will then follow to scope down what will be covered in the syllabus. A work plan is also devised with the aim to complete the syllabus well before the examinations, so as to have adequate time for revision. The following steps outline the process of each tuition session:
1. Initiate the subject or topic based on discussion of a real life example / scenario
2. Introduce the theoretical part of the subject or topic
3. Explain how the theory links to the real life example / scenario
4. Work out and explain some examples
5. Immediate evaluation of student's understanding through questions and answers
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until satisfactory response of the student (steps 1, 2 and 3 may also be repeated if required)
7. Give homework and a brief discussion on what will be covered in the next tuition session
Note: Each tuition session starts with the correction of the previous session's homework and explanation of any problem areas, including a summing up of what was covered in the previous tuition session.
|Date Last Logged In:||30/03/2017|
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||10|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:||10 Av. 5.00/5.00|
Tags: Lewisham Maths tutor, Lewisham French tutor, Lewisham Business Related tutor, Lewisham Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Lewisham Economics tutor, Lewisham GCSE Maths tutor, Lewisham A-Level Maths tutor, Lewisham Casual Learner Maths tutor, Lewisham GCSE French tutor, Lewisham A-Level French tutor, Lewisham Casual Learner French tutor, Lewisham GCSE Business Related tutor, Lewisham A-Level Business Related tutor, Lewisham University Business Related tutor, Lewisham Casual Learner Business Related tutor, Lewisham GCSE Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Lewisham A-Level Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Lewisham University Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Lewisham Casual Learner Computer Studies / I.T. tutor, Lewisham GCSE Economics tutor