Information About Haris - Bloomsbury tutor - (9 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Haris:
Haris offers a FREE first / introductory lesson!
I am a professional, full-time private tutor based in London. I have a strong passion for tutoring and I combine this passion with my work experience and professionalism. This has led me to take-up private tutoring on a full-time basis, in place of a lucrative banking career. I am a Chartered Accountant with BSc and MSc degrees in the field of Economics from Warwick University and the London School of Economics. I specialise in the following subjects:
• 2017: Full Member of The Tutors Association (UK’s Premier Tutor Association)
• 2017: Certified Information Systems Auditor (ISACA)
• 2017: Associate Chartered Accountant (ICAEW)
• 2016: Diploma in Business Analytics (Wharton Business School)
• 2014: Certificate in Business Innovation (Harvard Business School)
• 2013: Qualified Member (British Mensa, The High IQ Society)
• 2010: MSc in International Political Economy (London School of Economics & Political Science)
• 2009: BSc Honours in Economics (University of Warwick)
• 2006: Straight 5 A*s in A Levels (Economics, Mathematics, Business, Urdu, Accounting)
• 2004: Straight 8 A*s in GCSEs (Additional Mathematics, English, Commerce, Islamic Studies)
Outside tutoring and its related work, you will find me playing Padel, a racket sport most popular in Spanish-speaking countries. I regularly train in Padel with my coach and play the game at a competitive level such as competing in the British Padel Tour. I am also a fitness enthusiast but most importantly, I am happiest when spending time with family especially with my 3-year-old son doing several sporting and academic activities.
I have over 4 years of private tutoring experience and over 6 years’ experience of working in London as a Business Consultant within Financial Services sector. My past corporate experiences include:
• 2016-17: Assistant Vice President – RBS Group (London)
• 2015-16: Manager – Deloitte LLP (London)
• 2013-15: Senior Consultant – Deloitte LLP (London)
• 2011-13: Consultant – Deloitte LLP (London)
• 2010-11: Analyst – United Nations (Bangkok)
Having applied to elite UK universities at undergraduate and graduate levels in the past, I am also able to offer guidance with respect to university applications and personal statements. Additionally, I can also provide advice to students in relation to career development in the fields of business consulting and accountancy. Some of my past clients with their written testimonials are listed below:
• Ms. R - Business Studies Student from Birkbeck College
'Haris was my tutor for about six weeks. He is very keen and dedicated in his job. He explains the concepts very clearly and succinctly. He was very patient with me as English was not my first language. There were days when I hated the subject but Haris encouraged me and helped me to utilise my abilities to their fullest. He is very efficient when it comes to his reaching his aims and always seeks his hardest to achieve the targets. I strongly recommend Haris to all my friends and family members.'
• Ms. R - MSc Economic Policy Student from University College London
'Unlike other tutors, when you explain something it sticks in my head.'
• Mr. R - A Level Economics Student from Edexcel Board
'It was a pleasure to be tutored by you. It was extremely helpful. My exam went very well. I felt quite confident with it. I only wish I had called you earlier than I did and maybe started the tuition straight after my January exams. However, the help you gave me in the little time we had was brilliant. Thank you again.'
• Ms. G – University Accounting Student from Regent’s University
‘You are my trophy tutor!’
• Mr. B - Executive MBA Student from Imperial College London
'I would like to thank Haris for his professionalism in giving me tuition for an exam in Macroeconomics. He has been able in a short period of time to give me some good foundations which enabled me to answer the exam questions confidently. He has been very focused in guiding me through the Principles of Macroeconomics and I have found his tuitions very effective. This has resulted in the top mark in my exam.'
• Mr. E - A Level Business Studies Student from AQA Board
'We are very impressed with Haris. My son gets on very well with Haris.'
• Mr. C - Economics Adult Learner from a UK Investment Bank
'I thought, in all honesty, you were patient, likeable, kind, and encouraging. I thought you covered the material well and concisely, and, really, I don't see how what you were offering could have been done any better. It was brilliant.'
I believe personalised and result-driven approaches are essential ingredients for effective tutoring. I believe a good tutor is adaptable to both exam-oriented tutoring and tutoring for the sake of gaining knowledge. My tutoring strengths include:
• Emphasis on Past-Papers;
• Patience & Clear Explanations;
• Subject Matter Expertise.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (American), Hindi, Urdu
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (2017) - Associate Chartered Accountant (Professional) (✔ On File)
- Wharton Business School (2016) - Diploma in Business Analytics (Professional) (✔ On File)
- London School of Economics & Political Science (2010) - MSc International Political Economy (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Warwick (2009) - BSc Honours Economics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||9|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||3|
i would like to ask for a refund as i have still not heard from you.please get in touch asp.
I am glad you liked it. Really appreciate your comments.
It was a pleasure to serve you.
everything was great and really helpful for me