Information About Hannah - Harrow tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Hannah:
I am a French teacher working in an secondary school (rated outstanding by Ofsted) in Harrow. I am 26 years old and graduated with a First Class Honours Degree in French and Psychology. I worked in banking for 3 years before giving up the corporate world to pursue my passion for teaching and French.
My interests include playing the Piano (achieved Grade 7) and singing.
I also enjoy travelling. I have lived in Paris and also backpacked Australia, Asia, Europe and South America.
I am currently a French teacher at an outstanding secondary school in Harrow.
My experience with French includes:
* Age 16 - French exchange with a Parisian student.
* Age 17 - Intensive French AS level course in Montpellier, France (one week).
* Age 17 - Attended l'Institut français (The French institute) for 1 year every weekend to complete a French grammar course.
* Age 18 - Worked as an Au Pair in France for the summer.
* Age 19 - Started my degree in French and Psychology (four year course).
* Age 20 - Worked for Air France in Paris (one year).
* Age 22 - Graduated with a First Class Honours degree, including a reward received for the highest grade in French for Combined Honour students at Aston University.
* Age 25 - QTS Qualification in teaching French - achieved 'outstanding' level.
For me, tutoring gives the student the opportunity to really delve into areas which are unclear to the individual. It creates an environment where the student can ask any 'silly' question they want without feeling embarrassed in front of their class. Especially with French, quite often students are too shy to speak in class. I try and create a place where the student can practice and perfect their pronunciation to really increase their confidence.
I will always plan the lessons in advance, either a topic of the pupil's choice, or areas which I can see, and have assessed, need further development.
'Learn, Do and Teach'. This is what I will encourage for students. Especially with a language, the best way is to practice (Learn and Do) and then I will ask them to explain it back to me (Teach).
I will continuously use questions and examples to check understanding. However, one thing I won't do is the student's homework!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- UCL IoE (2017) - QTS (QTS) (✔ On File)
- Aston University (2013) - BSc (Hons) French and Psychology: First Class Honours (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|