Information About George - Enfield tutor - (17 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated George:
I specialise in teaching Physics and Mathematics. I began my career as a Physicist in Optoelectronics Research & Development, and after that I moved into ICT systems engineering. I have a broad experience in industry spanning 30 years, dealing with all manner of complex and commercial applications of science and technology. Alongside that I`ve been involved in the education of people in industry and children at secondary school level. See below summary of career roles and achievements:
• Physicist for General Electric Company, Optoelectronics R & D.
• ICT Specialist Engineer/Consultant, for Siemens, KCOM, Others.
• Analyst, mathematical modelling in Engineering & Finance.
• Educator in science/technology for industry/private.
• Speaker at international conferences on the application of technology.
• Published many R & D papers on optoelectronics - achieved numerous patents.
Highly experienced tutor - I enjoy tutoring people of all ages and have been providing a private tuition service for over 10 years to children at secondary school level and also to adults who wish to extend their knowledge in those areas. See below summary of teaching experience and track record:
• Have been providing tutoring in Physics and Mathematics for many years.
• Currently providing tutoring support services for an outstanding selective school.
• Well experienced in the main exam boards, AQA, Edexcel, OCR (A & B).
• School classroom experience, teaching science at secondary level.
• Track record (references available) of major improvement in student exam grade levels.
• Helped many students achieve required grades for University entry.
Assessment for "Teacher Training Scholarship", conducted by the Institute of Physics in 2012 for teaching Physics at secondary level - scholarship awarded (1 of only 100 in the UK for that year); had to demonstrate the necessary teacher qualities, including an excellent knowledge of Physics, and the ability to effectively communicate scientific concepts to a diverse group of people.
My ultimate goal for any student is to make real and noticeable progress in their subject. Different students learn differently and it's important for me to identify their own unique learning style, not only to maximise their learning but to inspire and motivate them to learn. I endeavour to make learning both informative and enjoyable. See below a summary of my general approach:
• Focus on any identified areas of weakness and build on strengths.
• Adopt teaching method to suit student's learning style.
• Facilitate learning; encourage students to use own ideas to solve problems.
• Teach by principle enabling students to deal with all manner of complex problems.
• To aid understanding some topics maybe covered on a wider level than the syllabus specifies.
• Assess progress using exercise workbooks and other test assessments.
• Prepare students for exams; going through past papers and exam techniques.
• Homework is given and completion is expected by next lesson.
My broad career experience helps me to impart knowledge in a more enthusiastic, clearer, convincing, and mature way, with the ability to better relate scientific/mathematical concepts to everyday life and to the commercial world.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: Greek
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Institute of Physics (IOP) (2012) - Teacher Training Scholarship Award (Other) (✔ On File)
- University College London (UCL) (1981) - MSc Electrical/Electronic Engineering (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Queen Mary College; University of London (1980) - BSc Hons Physics (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||17|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
Thanks again it has really helped him.
An excellent tutor who is exteremely knowledgeable in his field,able to explained the A level physics content clearly and thoroughly. Always happy to email relevant content as a follow up to the lesson.
"George improved the way I looked at and thought about Physics.
He provided many useful resources.
He explained questions thoroughly.
He always completed the same work that he set me to ensure a full understanding. This really helped when trying to explain problems."