Information About Gayle - Prestwick tutor - (2 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Gayle:
Why would you consider hiring me to work with your child?
• Your child is already in a high group at school but needs support to stay working at this level.
• Your child doesn’t receive any time with the Support For Learning Teacher at school.
• Your child feels ready to move up to a higher group.
• Your child feels they need more time consolidating new concepts.
• Your child would like some quality time with an experienced teacher.
• Your child would like to spend time consolidating concepts with other children, who aren’t in their class at school.
• Your child forgets concepts over the summer holidays and would benefit from extra revision.
• Your child would benefit from the continuity of working with one teacher for a sustained period of time.
• Your child would benefit from learning in a distraction-free environment.
• Your child would like to spend more quality time working on the core areas of the curriculum.
• Your child is starting to feel anxious about moving to secondary and would like additional support.
• Your child would like to make friends with children from other schools.
• Your child needs a challenge.
• Your child is asking for support.
Hi. I'm Gayle and I am an experienced primary teacher with additional experience in Support For Learning. I started teaching in 1996. I am now offering tutoring to primary school aged children of all ages. I am happy to tutor after school, in the evening, at the weekend and during school holidays. I have 2 studios in South West Scotland.
I graduated in 1996 from University of Strathclyde with a B.Ed (honours). I have taught in private and state schools. In my last position I was employed in a private school as a Support For Learning specialist before I started tutoring. I am very interested in Dyslexia, Dyscalculia and memory. I have received training in the following areas: Dyscalulia, ADHD, Big Writing, Dyslexia, Language Disorders, Read and Write Gold, Assessment for Dyslexia and other learning difficulties, Working Memory, Early Movement Experiences and Development, Curriculum For Excellence, GIRFEC and Assessment.
I have worked in a variety of different areas and establishments in Scotland. I have also worked as an outreach teacher in local state schools assisting other teachers, Head Teachers and senior management to help their pupils access the curriculum.
My tutoring sessions are versatile and tailored to the individual. I enjoy using multi-sensory techniques and games to make learning fun for my students. I particularly enjoy tutoring in small groups and can offer this at a discounted rate. I have a beautiful distraction-free studio, which is perfect for tutoring. I have an extensive range of new resources available for use during my sessions.
I am fully GTCS registered. I am Disclosure Scotland/PVG checked.
I am happy to work with adults who would like help to brush up their spelling/reading/writing skills.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Strathclyde (1996) - B.Ed (honours) (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|