Information About Xia - Blackheath tutor
This is how 2 referees rated Xia:
I graduated from Durham University with an MA Education and I have Qualified Teacher Status specialised in Chinese teaching. My Bachelor degree was 'Chinese Literature'. I have a recent CRB check, Mandarin teaching experience at both private and state schools in London and East Sussex. I also have experiences of private tuition (age 8 months to 23 years old, from complete beginner to university level) and real passion for this career.
I have a new job teaching at a private school in London, starting from September 2017. Prior to that, I taught at a prestigious private school in East Sussex for three years. During my teaching placements I've came across a range of students with different abilities, and I have managed to help them achieve outstanding results with a variety of teaching strategies.
I am punctual, easy-going, patient with strong academic background together with a range of teaching experiences. If you would like a weekday evening, weekend or summer Mandarin intensive courses (areas: calligraphy, tourism, business, culture, exam preparation or even Chinese cookery!!), please feel free to drop me an email :)
I'd love to hear from you.
1. GCSE, IGCSE, A-Level, Pre-U Chinese tuition: £50 per hour
2. HSK exam tuition: £60 per hour
3. Business Chinese tuition: £75 per hour
1. Helped my tutee to pass his HSK4 exam within eight weeks of learning;
2. Years of teaching the English secondary school curriculum.
3. Every year of teaching, my students achieved 100% A-A*.
4. Lots of experience in HSK and business tuition.
I have plenty of interests and these can also be involved in extra-curricular activities in terms of Mandarin teaching, such as singing, cooking, origami, paper cutting and calligraphy.
In order to build up an interactive learning atmosphere, I will mainly utilise the Communicative Language Teaching Method (CLT), which focuses on cultural aspects. I will also use other teaching approaches in accordance with the purpose of learning, learners' age and their language backgrounds.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Department for Education (2014) - Qualified Teaching Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- University of Durham (2011) - MA Education (Masters) (✔ On File)