Information About Elisa - St. Neots tutor - (6 reviews)
This is how 4 referees rated Elisa:
My name is Elisa and I am a mum of two with a Degree in Life Science and a Ph.D. in Molecular Biology.
After a ten years experience as a scientist at St Georges University, (London), I recently decided to change my career and have completed a PGCE in Science to become a qualified teacher.
Since September 2015, I have been working as a part-time A-level biology teacher at an Academy in Northamptonshire and as a visiting lecturer at a College in Hertfordshire (Higher Education).
Based in Cambridgeshire, I offer private tutoring hours following an encouraging and focused approach: my aim is to help my students to feel confident about their capabilities and be successful in their exams.
Since I was at school I have always enjoyed helping my fellow students with their course work and I have always been told that I have a natural inclination in explaining scientific concepts in a very clear way.
Nowadays, my students tell me that what they like most about my teaching is that I break up concepts in small steps and they find my lessons very clear.
Learning must be a positive experience and every individual learns in their own way. For these reasons I make sure to adapt my resources and teaching techniques depending on the needs of the student that I am tutoring.
My main goals are:
1. helping my tutees to become self-confident learners
2. planning personalised topic-led sessions that give my tutees a solid biology background
3. teaching essential exam techniques aimed to help students to unlock their final exams and achieve the highest grades.
Additional Languages: English (British), Italian
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Bedford College (2015) - Teacher (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- St Georges University (London) (2013) - Doctor in Molecular Biology (Doctorate) (✘ Not On File)
- University of Studies, Milan (Italy) (2002) - Degree (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||6|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||2|
Thank you very much for the kind feedback.