Information About Edward - Worthing tutor - (14 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Edward:
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
I am a Cambridge graduate and a highly successful and experienced teacher of English, specialising in intensive exam preparation for GCSE and A Level. I have a wide and deep literary, linguistic and cultural knowledge and I am an excellent essay writer. I have a clean enhanced DBS disclosure.
I am available to work in the Brighton/Hove/Worthing area as well as further afield (or online) on request.
I have ten years of teaching and tutoring experience in the UK and abroad. Success stories include:
- a tutee whose GCSE English Language grade rose from a 2 to a 7;
- a tutee, struggling with GCSE English Language, whose grade rose from a 3 to a 7 in three months;
- a tutee, who found writing problematic, who then trebled her marks for exam writing and whose grade rose from a 4 to a 7.
- 100% of students were extremely likely to recommend me to a friend or colleague.
- 100% of students improved their grade by 2 grades or more.
- 100% of students moved from a low grade to a good/high passing grade in their GCSEs.
My sessions are strongly goal orientated. The end product (ie the exam) is our focus and is always kept in view. Each session works clearly and pragmatically towards better written exam responses through a series of focused and personalised learning activities and homework.
I make use of a full range of learning resources – past papers, sample essays, textbooks, digital apps, reference works – as well as my own wealth of knowledge.
I work to help the student develop a series of simple 'messages' and writing models designed to be memorised and repeated, that they can then use to help guide their independent work – especially when alone in an exam.
I am a stickler for writing accuracy – including handwriting – and I emphasise to students that writing accuracy opens the door to higher grades.
I am flexible and responsive. I choose the approach that works best, changing and adapting where necessary. I work to build trust between myself, students and parents, encouraging students to achieve their maximum potential.
Thus, through intensive work – writing, reading and discussion – and immediate constructive feedback on what needs to be improved, the students gain confidence in their new knowledge and skills.
I get results.
NB if travel time is likely to be over 25 minutes (as calculated by Google Maps) I will suggest online video tuition as the A27 can be a nightmare during peak tuition hours!
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: French
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Sussex (2007) - English Teaching (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge (2006) - English Literature (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of East Anglia (2004) - Film (Masters) (✔ On File)
- University of Cambridge (2002) - English and History (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||14|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
Edward is an inspiring tutor who is very well equipped to teach the subject and who clearly understands what is required to engage and stimulate students to work towards a successful result.
We would have no reservation in recommending Edward, he is excellent.