Dear prospective parents, having attended Forest School (2003-2010), I have decided to prepare students for the independent schools 11+ sitting in 2020 and run revision sessions for Year 7 to 9 KS3 Maths at Forest school. There will be other students in the room (a very small group) to encourage healthy competition and to challenge each others’ methods to solving the various questions. The lessons will cover essential theory and past papers to ensure they are exam ready. Please note that I don’t prepare students to just pass exams for 11+ as they will be towards the bottom of the class when they join the school. Please register your interest by sending me a message and I shall share further details with you. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you.
11+ - 2 slots remaining
Year 7 - 2 slots remaining
Year 8 - 4 slots remaining
Year 9 - 2 slots remaining
- 100% 11+ exam pass rate for grammar and independent schools with students accepting offers at Woodford County High School and top independent schools such as Brentwood School, Forest School, Chigwell School and Bancroft's School.
- All my students gained offers at their first choice school. A couple of my students received a minimum of two offers from top independent schools.
- One of my students has been awarded a place at Forest School for 13+.
- A student averaging a U in AS Level Maths, achieved a high C after two months of lessons.
- A student averaging a low D in GCSE Spanish achieved a comfortable B grade.
- A KS3 Maths student averaging a borderline level 3 achieved a high level 6 in his end of year exams and is predicted a level 7/8.
- A GCSE Maths student averaging a low D achieved a comfortable B Grade after a short period of lessons.
- All my students have achieved their desired grade as a minimum.
I am a full time private tutor. For your peace of mind, I am Security Cleared and hold a DBS certificate.
My academic record is as follows:
- B.Sc (Honours) Economics with Spanish - 2.1- University of Birmingham
- High A in A level Mathematics
- High A* in GCSE Mathematics
Reasons to choose me as your tutor:
1. I limit my students to ensure I maintain my teaching quality across all students. This is evidenced by my reviews thus far.
2. I tell you exactly which books are worth purchasing to boost your knowledge and hence save you the time and stress of searching and contemplating.
3. I provide full worked solutions to all questions from the books we will use together so your child can recap the methods taught in our lesson.
4. I have unrivalled patience and can boost my students’ confidence in a subject.
5. I provide honest advice and feedback throughout.
6. I monitor the progress and learning objectives of my students to ensure they are maximising their potential.
7. I am a punctual and reliable individual.
I have been tutoring full time since 2016 and have taught a number of students GCSE and A-level Spanish, KS3, GCSE and A-Level Maths.
I am currently preparing several students for upcoming 11+ entrance exams (Maths and Non-verbal) at top schools such as Forest, Bancrofts, City of London boys, Westcliff and Woodford County High School.
11+: I specialise in Maths and Non-Verbal. I have made my own 11+ question bank which mirrors the style of questions asked in the exams and run mock exam sessions and provide feedback on improvement areas.
Maths: My lessons involve going through all topics in the exam syllabus, learning the necessary theory and reinforcing the students' understanding through an abundance of questions. Homework will also be exercises which will aid their understanding. As the exam date approaches, I focus on past papers to ensure they are entering their exam as ready as one can be. I have always set the bar high and ensure my students extract the most out of their potential. Please note that I cover all exam boards for all subjects (OCR, Edexcel, AQA, OCR MEI etc.).
From my experience throughout school and university, I have noticed the prospect of learning challenging subjects in general can be daunting and students often have low confidence levels as a result. I would like to share with you the techniques that I followed to achieve these high marks whilst making the learning experience thoroughly enjoyable. I always set the bar high to ensure my students maximise their potential. Lastly, I offer out of contact hours assistance should my students have any queries regarding the exercises set or otherwise.
|Languages||English (British), Spanish, Gujarati|
|References Available||On File|
|Forest School||2010||School||A-level Spanish|
|Forest School||2010||School||A-level Mathematics|
|University of Birmingham||2014||Bachelors||BSc (Honours) Economics with Spanish|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|