Hello and welcome to my profile page. My name is David and I would like nothing more than to help you prepare and succeed in your education. I am a friendly and motivated private tutor with over six years of experience teaching all ages.
I gained a 1st Class Economics degree from the Surrey School of Economics and I tutor Maths, English, Economics and Business. I tutor students from KS2 upwards and have vast experience preparing students for KS2 SATs, 11+ Entrance Exams, GCSE and A-level.
What separates me from other tutors:
1) I offer my services full-time which means I am 100% committed to you and your needs
2) I am young and find this an advantage when communicating with my students. This really helps me see the topic from my students' perspective
3) My service is available to you at all times. I encourage student contact after lessons
4) Every weekly student I teach gets a learning folder which I keep up to date with course material and a progress tracker
5) I tutor nationwide and fully endorse E-learning as an invaluable tool in the 21st century
Where I travel and tutor face to face.
1) Hitchin and surrounding areas e.g. Stevenage, Letchworth, Baldock and other nearby villages
2) Bedford and surrounding areas e.g. Sandy, Shefford, Biggleswade and other nearby villages
3) Milton Keynes and surrounding areas e.g. Newport Pagnell, Bletchley and surrounding villages
If in doubt, please contact me and I will advise if I am able to come to you. I do often make exceptions and am prepared to go further for the right family.
1. Online monthly (weekly time slot): £35ph
2. Online pay as you go: £40
3. Face to face (my premises & pay as you go) : £45ph
4. Face to face (your home & pay as you go) : £50+
[all subject to availability]
If you have any questions about fees, please ask me and I'll happily work to find you the best rate.
**A quick note about the E-learning Virtual Classroom that I also offer:
There are several reasons to learn through the power of technology:
1) It's Convenient: Greater flexibility. More affordable
2) It's Green: E-learning produces next to zero CO2 emissions
3) It's Popular: Schools incorporate E-learning into the classroom (iPads for example) and even hire E-tutors to help with their students
4) It Works: The power we have in the 21st Century means that I am able to conduct excellent lessons without boundaries
If you wish to give E-learning a try, please let me know and I can arrange a FREE no obligation lesson.
Tuition experience : Provider of 1-1 lessons and group tuition courses since 2010.
Some examples include:
Preparing UK students for GCSE and A-level exams. Some subjects include Maths, Economics, Business Studies, Applied Business and Product Design.
Preparing UK students to gain entrance to independent sixth forms such as Epsom College.
Preparing students for 11+ Entrance Exams to independent schools such as Bedford Modern School, St Albans Boys and more.
Teaching foreign exchange students iGCSE Maths, Business and Economics at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge University.
1) To make lessons interactive and encourage questions
2) To focus on critical exam techniques
3) To stimulate an interest in the subject studied
4) To ensure my students feel positive about learning
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|University of Surrey||2012||Bachelors||B.Sc. (Hons) Economics, 1st Class|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||3|