Information About Craig - Chatham tutor - (2 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Craig:
Qualified languages tutor offering tuition (both day time and evening) in the following languages:
SPANISH - ITALIAN - FRENCH - GREEK (MODERN)
Based in Medway, I am a fully qualified teacher offering tuition in Spanish, Italian, French and Greek. I generally teach in a relaxed style from my home in Lordswood but can sometimes travel to my students' homes if necessary.
Lessons cost £25 for one person for one hour or £35 for two students learning together. For larger groups, please enquiry.
I would be delighted to help anyone learn the languages I speak. I can help if you:
- want to get by on holiday and speak with the locals
- want to move abroad for some time or to retire abroad somewhere sunny
- are studying for your GCSE or A Level exams
- travel abroad on business
- just have a passion for a country and would like to learn the language
Why choose me?
- Because I am extremely patient and understand that it is hard to learn a language and often (for some people) it is difficult to be a student again. I will guide you and support you as you learn.
- Because I know the grammar of the language you will learn very well and will do a great job at explaining it to you and if you don't get it, I will explain it in a different way until you do understand.
- Because I will teach you to make your own sentences instead of talking like a phrase book.
- Because I have always been a keen linguist since my childhood and I have studied many languages ranging from the Romance languages (Spanish, Italian, & French) to Turkish, Arabic, Finnish, Hindi, Russian and many more. I know how languages work and their structure and it is easy for me to teach this structure to others.
- Because having dedicated much of my time to languages has taught me some of the best methods to learn languages but it has also taught me that every student is unique in the way they learn and so some methods are better suited to certain students than others. I will adapt my teaching methods to the style of learning that is best suited to you.
- Because I am reliable and am experienced in teaching languages
TESTIMONIALS FROM SOME OF MY STUDENTS
"I thoroughly recommend Craig to everyone as an excellent Spanish tutor. He is kind, patient and committed to his students.
My daughter, who has been diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) had an hour's lesson every week for eighteen months, after her secondary school was unable to offer Spanish lessons. She achieved an A* grade in her GCSE exam." - Kerrie, Sittingbourne - Spanish
"I have been having one to one lessons with Craig for over 6 months. He is patient and a great teacher. I wanted to be able to speak to local people on my visits to Greece, but this course does more than that: it not only enables you to speak the language and to understand it but explains many of the nuances necessary to know why and how words and sentences are formed. I have recently returned from Greece where I was able to practice my new found skills, the confidence that this course gives you cannot be overestimated. I would thoroughly recommend this course" - Roger, Whistable - Greek
"Over the past 3 years, I've had Italian lessons with a number of Italian teachers. Craig has by far been the most effective. He was quickly able to identify specific approaches to learning that would work for me and most importantly, keep me enthused! I am impressed by his preparation; he doesn't just bring the same text book to each lesson and set gap-filling exercises like previous teachers I've had - each lesson is carefully tailored to the subject in a way that makes the lesson interactive and memorable. Although I may know what the agenda for the lesson is, how he chooses to run the lesson is always a surprise. One subject leads on to the next as I progress but within each new topic, he skilfully and patiently recaps over previous topics to make sure I don't forget what we've already touched on, which I really appreciate. Homework is set each week and because he makes it interesting, I look forward to the challenge of completing it. My ability to discuss, negotiate, tell stories fluently in Italian has really come on since working with Craig and my grasp of Italian grammar continues to improve thanks to his clear and concise explanations." - Su, Walderslade
"Craig has been teaching me Spanish for nearly a year. One-on-one home tutoring enables me to fit lessons around my busy work and family life.
As a mature student I really appreciate Craig's structured approach to language teaching tailored to my own specific learning pace" - Neil, Lordswood
"I have been furthering my French with Craig for some time. He is very encouraging and likes to push you out of your comfort zone at times - which is a good thing as it gives confidence. Craig always makes learning fun and we can be discussing anything from the state of the country to man-eating spiders! He uses a variety of media and tailors lessons to your own requirements/needs or if there is something in particular you have a problem with he finds a way to explain it clearly." - Sharon, Chatham
I have worked teaching languages in schools and privately both abroad and in the UK over the last 11 years. I have been working as a full time private tutor for the last 5 years.
I have experience teaching all ages, both in a school environment and one-to-one private tuition. I can cater for beginner level right through to experienced speakers who want to brush up on their skills.
I work full time as a languages tutor and so all my time is dedicated to private tuition.
I teach in a relaxed style using a variety of materials depending on level, such as class and activity books, grammar and vocabulary handouts, CD recordings, authentic materials and printed exercises. I generally use a course book as this acts as a reference guide for students and helps give structure to lessons.
I am happy to receive feedback from my students after each lesson and take into account any ideas for following lessons.
Additional Languages: Greek, Italian, Spanish
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Kent & Medway Training/The Open University (2006) - PGCE - MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- Kent & Medway Training (2006) - QUALIFIED TEACHER STATUS - MODERN FOREIGN LANGUAGES (QTS) (✘ Not On File)
- BANGOR UNIVERSITY (2004) - BA HONS DEGREE IN SPANISH, FRENCH & ITALIAN (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
- Internation House (2004) - CELTA (Other) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||2|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|