Information About Conor - Peckham tutor - (5 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Conor:
Conor offers a discount of 50% on their first / introductory lesson!
A graduate from the University of Exeter, with a 2:1 in Economics and Finance, now teaching in an OFSTED Outstanding school in South London
- I personally achieved an A* in Economics and Business Studies A2 (with 100% in my final exams), so I have a very good understanding of what 'boxes' need ticking when it comes to securing marks on exam papers.
- Experience in tutoring for the past 4 years, always seeing improvements in tutees grades - with the average usually being a 2 grade increase. Students going from an E/U borderline to a C, and a D to a B is not unheard of, but the norm.
- Work experience includes investment banking and corporate finance. Specifically, I worked in a world-leading Energy/Oil and Gas Corporate Advisory desk, doing key analysis for multi-billion dollar deals, within Merger and Acquisitions, Debt and Equity transactions. Additionally, I have worked more locally for the largest corporate finance firm in the south west, with a placement within the corporate finance team (focusing primarily on eco-friendly/renewable energy corporate finance).
- Throughout my studies, and during my school days, I was an accomplished trader. Myself and three fellow teammates won the "ifs Student Investor Challenge", which, at the time, had 10,000 other teams competing against us. The grand prize consisted of an all-expenses paid trip to New York for a week, on top of prize money. Additionally, I have made significant returns on a personal portfolio that I managed from the financial crisis, right up until the present day.
Note: If required, I can provide tuition over **Contact Detail Removed**.
I did a teaching placement with the teaching charity **Contact Detail Removed** during June 2015 and learnt a lot from teaching at one of the worst performing districts, academically-speaking, within London. Subsequently, as a result of good performance throughout my studies and on the placement, I have also enrolled onto **Contact Detail Removed**'s prestigious "Leadership Development Programme" that started in September 2017. This is arguably one of the toughest teaching programmes to be enrolled on to in the UK, renowned for their high calibre and talented teachers. My course will be with the UCL, specifically the Institute of Education (IoE), one of the most prestigious departments within UCL and recognised as one of the best universities in the world to train as a teacher.
I have been rated as an 'Outstanding' teacher by my school, including many 'Exceptional' features. This means that the vast majority of pupils in my class make progress of half a grade or more within the classroom setting, with many producing a grade higher than expected. Ultimately, with 1-to-1 attention, this can be even greater, and it is no surprise that my best student turned around an E to an A (in Business Studies).
Before becoming a teacher, I did a 10-week charitable placement within Kisii, Kenya to teach entrepreneurs basic financial knowledge, innovation and creativity to help grow their business. The impact was noticeable from day one; 80% of them stuck with the programme under my guidance, and 50% got a business-changing loan as a result of their hard work, perseverance and willingness to take on new ideas.
Generally, I am a calm, yet focused and results driven tutor. I enjoy seeing people displaying their true potential, so I would be willing to work extremely hard in order to make sure this happens. I am very passionate about my subjects, and would like to inspire my tutees to adopt the same positive attitude to the subject as well. I would encourage my tutees to read outside of their syllabuses and bring real-world knowledge to their examinations in order to impress, as this is often an over-sight in tutoring.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University College London (UCL) (2018) - Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (✔ On File)
- University of Exeter (2016) - BSc Economics and Finance, 2:1 (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
- King Edward's School, Bath (2013) - A-Level Economics, Business Studies, Mathematics and History (A*A*AA respectively) (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||5|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
It was a pleasure to tutor you, and I'm confident you'll thrive in your economics modules at University. All the best for the future!
I would definitely recommend his services.
I would highly recommend for people studying at any level.