Information About Colin - Ottery St. Mary tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Colin:
I am a kind, gentle and encouraging person. I love to help others and thoroughly enjoy working with students on a one-to-one basis to help them realise their true potential. I tutor during term-time.
I have taught Mathematics from ages eleven to eighteen for twenty years, and been Head of Mathematics at a secondary school for the eight years until September 2011. From September 2011 I have been offering one-to-one tuition in Mathematics and also preparation for Colyton Grammar school entrance examinations. I first began tutoring while at University, teaching A-Level Mathematics. I helped my elder daughter and son prepare for their entrance examination to Colyton Grammar school and they started there in 2011 and 2013.
I will analyse an assessment of the student's work and put together a learning plan to address the issues raised and secure the improvement required. Parents of students will receive a copy of the plan and feedback on progress. I have experience in teaching all areas of Mathematics up to GCSE and A level including Further Mathematics. What makes me stand out from other tutors is that my recent experience leading a large secondary Mathematics department enables me to know what really makes a difference to secure a grade.
Availability: Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of West England (1992) - Mathematics BEd (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
- Clear and prompt communications, weekly feedback and lesson plans
- Thorough and weekly analysis of papers resulting in clear direction of key areas for learning
- Uses a mixture of computer and paper based exercises to explain concepts simply and in a fun way
- Gives you access to an online learning database with lessons and games to backup learning
- Calm, kind, positive and encouraging demeanour which boosts my son's confidence
- Easy to talk to for both pupil and parent
- Explains and demonstrates areas of learning in simple yet effective ways
- Sessions are well structured
- Good time keeping - even though he is very busy!
- And last but most importantly for me, my son is really enjoying his lessons, is keen to do more work at home for Colin and looks forward to the following week!
Many thanks for all you are doing Colin,
Claire & Ian Chapman
noticed a significant improvement in his understanding of the topics
covered that he was not getting from his in-school tuition. We are delighted
with Colin's input so far and his positive attitude, which has had a knock-on
effect with my son's confidence in the subject. We look forward to his continued
guidance & would have no hesitation in recommending him to others.