Information About Colin - Ottery St. Mary tutor - (3 reviews)
This is how 3 referees rated Colin:
If your child could do with a great boost to their confidence, I offer weekly one-to-one tuition that will do that!
I tutor Year 4/5 students preparing for Collyton Grammar Entrance examinations, Year 7 to 11 Mathematics KS3 and GCSE students and A level Mathematics students.
I teach from our home in Ottery St Mary, term-time only. You may drop your child off and collect, or sit with them in the session, or sit in an adjacent room and listen in.
I have taught Mathematics from ages eleven to eighteen for twenty five years, and been Head of Mathematics at a secondary school for the eight years until September 2011. Since September 2011 I continue to teach Mathematics at a large local Comprehensive school and offered one-to-one tuition in Mathematics and entrance examinations. I am a kind, gentle and encouraging person who draws out ideas from the student.
I am always oversubscribed, but I have a single slot coming available from Thursday 14 June, at 6pm weekly on Thursdays; although it might get taken at any moment. I tutor only during the school terms and from our home.
I helped all three of my children prepare for their entrance examinations to Colyton Grammar school and they started there in 2011, 2013 and 2017.
I will analyse an assessment of the student's work and put together a learning plan to address the issues raised and secure the improvement required. Parents of students will receive a copy of the plan and feedback on progress. I have experience in teaching all areas of Mathematics up to GCSE and A level including Further Mathematics. What makes me stand out from other tutors is that my experience leading a large secondary Mathematics department enables me to know what really makes a difference to secure a grade.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of West England (1992) - Mathematics BEd (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||3|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
- Clear and prompt communications, weekly feedback and lesson plans
- Thorough and weekly analysis of papers resulting in clear direction of key areas for learning
- Uses a mixture of computer and paper based exercises to explain concepts simply and in a fun way
- Gives you access to an online learning database with lessons and games to backup learning
- Calm, kind, positive and encouraging demeanour which boosts my son's confidence
- Easy to talk to for both pupil and parent
- Explains and demonstrates areas of learning in simple yet effective ways
- Sessions are well structured
- Good time keeping - even though he is very busy!
- And last but most importantly for me, my son is really enjoying his lessons, is keen to do more work at home for Colin and looks forward to the following week!
Many thanks for all you are doing Colin,
Claire & Ian Chapman
noticed a significant improvement in his understanding of the topics
covered that he was not getting from his in-school tuition. We are delighted
with Colin's input so far and his positive attitude, which has had a knock-on
effect with my son's confidence in the subject. We look forward to his continued
guidance & would have no hesitation in recommending him to others.