Information About Christine - Dartford tutor - (5 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Christine:
English (Foreign Language)
I have over 30 years teaching experience. I mark GCSE/A level papers. I have a Bed(hos), DipSpeLD ,CELTA, PLLTS, PhD qualifications .
I have worked and a special needs teacher, Assistant Head in charge of a large department in a secondary school. I have vast experience of teaching children how to cope with the 11 plus. I have over 30 years experience.
I am warm and calm. I work hard to ensure that each students gains the most from lessons and gains confidence. All lessons are individual and I aim to ensure that each tutee reaches their full potential.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Cambridge University (2013) - CELTA (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of York (2001) - DipSpeLD (Professional) (✘ Not On File)
- University of York (2001) - PhD (Doctorate) (✘ Not On File)
- Greenwich University (1996) - Bed(hons) (QTS) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||5|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
As you are already aware, I took the decision to seek alternative tuition provision for my daughter. This decision was not taken lightly and I have set out my reasons below:
1) I am of the opinion that the feedback loop was intermittent and lacked sufficient detail. I understand that the blue book wasn’t always present, but I would have expected a message via text after each session. I also feel that feedback should be provided directly to the parents rather than via the childminder.
2) I was also unsure of what the long term ‘flight path’ was for Amariah’s education. I was unclear from the feedback received whether she was on the right trajectory to pass the 11+ or whether there were areas that required more attention. As you know, I attempted to organise a meeting with you to discuss these issues. I was frustrated that you initially agreed to the meeting and then subsequently informed me (via text message on 22nd Sept) that you “do not do parents meetings”. This policy and the sudden change in mind, left me with insufficient line of sight regarding Amariah’s educational plan and how I can best support this.
3) I note from the comments in the blue feedback book and after speaking to Amariah that there was heavy focus on comprehension. This isn’t a criticism, but my concern was that many of Amariah’s weaker areas, such as mathematics, were not being addressed. When we originally contracted your services, it was for Maths, English and 11+ exam prep. You may well have intended to address these areas in time, but as there was no clear articulation of Amariah’s education plan (point 2, above) I was unaware of this.
4) I am extremely disappointed that the nanny (Robyn) and her 1 year old daughter (Nelly) were permitted to sit in on a number of Amariah’s 1:2:1 tuition sessions. Nelly is an excitable 1 year old child and in no way contributes to a quiet and studious environment for Amariah to thrive in. Amariah also expressed to me that there were occasions where she was reluctant to ask for your help as she did not want to disturb the flow of the conversation you were having with Robyn.
5) Amariah also made me aware that there was a lesson where you seemed extremely tired and appeared to fall asleep. She also mentioned that you had requested she did not relay the event to me. It would be a challenge to express in words how this made me feel. It was difficult for Amariah to tell me and she only mustered the courage several weeks after the incident. I fully expect you to deny this took place, but this is inconsequential as this is not sole reason for my deciding to seek alternative tuition provision.