Information About Christiane - Westcliff-on-Sea tutor - (8 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Christiane:
English (Foreign Language)
I am passionate about language learning and believe that languages contribute to intercultural understanding.
"A different language is a different vision of life." - Federico Fellini, Italian film director
I am a qualified teacher and native German speaker from North Rhine-Westphalia, the central western part of Germany, and I relocated to England in 1991. I have been teaching German and English as a Foreign Language for the past 17 years in a range of educational settings (Primary, Secondary, Further and Higher Education) and through Skype. Therefore I have been teaching students from a wide variety of backgrounds either for exam preparation, leisure or business.
I am a member of the Tutor's Association (MTA), Society for Education and Training (SET) and have Enhanced DBS Clearance (2017).
Because I am passionate about language learning I am currently studying Italian and can relate to the challenges of language learning!
I have extensive experience in teaching German and English as a Foreign Language with all my students achieving their set targets and 100% satisfaction. I cover all exam boards and levels. All sessions are tailor made to match the individual or group level. I cover the following exam strategies:
• to revise key topics
• to extend your range of vocabulary
• to improve accuracy through grammar
• to develop confidence in speaking
• to create an idea bank for speaking and writing topics
• to tackle translations
• to practise mock exams in real time
• to acquire a diverse vocabulary and culturally appropriate idiomatic expressions
• to create language use (as opposed to memorised expressions)
• to improve translations through language concepts
• to gain a better understanding of essay writing
• to increase language fluency
• to practise mock exams in real time
IELTS test taking:
• to develop a broad vocabulary
• to obtain a good understanding of the English grammar
• to gain confidence in speaking
• to discover your unique approach to the Reading section
• to create an idea bank for Writing section 2
• to acquire language accuracy
• to increase speed in answering questions
Your level - my approach - your success!
Effective planning on my part will determine your success in German or English as a Foreign Language at your pace. I pride myself in being patient, committed and enthusiastic enabling you to develop confidence in all four language skills (reading, writing listening and speaking) based on individual needs, learning styles and continuous progress.
Passing any exam can be stressful but you will be well prepared! We will focus on exam-style or past paper questions in order to check, practise and perfect your understanding and techniques. We will focus on relevant study skills necessary to pass the exam. Where appropriate I set and mark work, provide detailed feedback so that you can improve quickly!
I am hoping for you to actively participate during lessons, ask questions develop your skills and for you to have fun! Being successful in a language demands dedication and perseverance but most importantly the willingness to try out new things.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Additional Languages: English (British), French, Latin
Availability: Weekends / Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Love TEFL (2015) - TEFL (Professional) (✔ On File)
- University of Essex (2009) - German (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- University of Bonn (Germany) (1992) - History and Politics (Masters) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||8|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
"Best teacher are those who show you where to look but don't tell you what to see"
Overall an excellent Tutor to have!
Chris thoroughly enjoyed his tuition with Christiane who is very approachable, has an easy going manner and excellent teaching skills. After two sessions, Chris reported that he was feeling much more confident about approaching the exam and after all the sessions, felt that he was better prepared than he ever could have been and was also mentally prepared for his German exams.
The homework Christiane set was very easily manageable given that Chris was studying for his other A2 levels. It was usually in the form of a mock essay which she would go over (and mark) with Chris at the next session. Christiane was also available on her phone or e-mail if Chris needed to clarify any points with her.
I would thoroughly recommend Christiane for German tuition and we are grateful for the excellent preparation that she gave Chris. As a parent, it was comforting to see the confidence growing in Chris after each of his tuition sessions with Christiane. Thank you Christiane.