Information About Charlotte - Blairgowrie tutor - (4 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Charlotte:
- Committed, able and enthusiastic English teacher.
- Fully educated, up to Masters Degree level (2:1 hons) at the University of St Andrews with an outstanding knowledge and interest in English.
- Experienced one-to-one tutor of 11-18 year olds. Familiar with many specifications and texts.
- Benefited from one year’s training and teaching experience as part of the PGCE programme at the University of Bath.
- Able to plan ahead, constructing lessons and schemes of work for 11-18 year olds
- former lead teacher of A Level English Literature. Strong results record.
- Worked for two years in a London publishing house, responsible for the copy department, and writing occasionally for the editorial department.
- I have fourteen years of teaching experience and am now a freelance one-to-one tutor.
- As former lead teacher of A’Level English Literature within my last department the team, under my guidance, have successfully undertaken training, organised by myself, with regards to the new specifications, and our last cohort achieved ALPS level 2, which surpassed predicted expectations.
• I completed the Outstanding Teacher Intervention Programme 2013 and was graded outstanding by my trainer, Gavin Kewley.
• In my last teaching position I was responsible for Y9 ‘Booster’ groups, the aim being to raise students attainment from level 6a to level 7s. All students within my 2013 group achieved level 7s within a fortnight of my intervention.
In my previous school:
•English KS4 Coordinator and Gifted and Talented department representative. In my capacity as G&T representative, I met regularly with students to invite feedback on their learning, I aimed to provide a forum in which they took responsibility for their own learning and share their ideas on how to progress further with myself and their peers. These meetings were then used to provide inset training for colleagues and to create resources within the department for the progression of gifted and talented students. My intervention led to a 100% A*-C pass rate within my own Y11 class and the 97% A*-C pass rate within my top set Y10 class, who gained both their English Language and Literature GCSEs a year earlier than their peers.
• I was also responsible for departmental Media Studies training and for planning several schemes of work across the department. These schemes were successfully used for the AQA English Language media coursework piece.
• Excellent success rate with KS4 , with 97% of my Year 10 students gaining a GCSE English Language A*-C grade a year early.
• Year 10 tutor with responsibility for C/D border target students across the curriculum. It was my responsibility to use tutorial time effectively to provide these target students with extension activities to enrich and support their classroom studies and enable them to achieve their target C grade. In addition, within my role as Teacher of English, I undertook one-to-one tuition for target students in KS4 to provide support in exam revision and coursework guidance. I achieved 100% success rate for C/D borderline students in my form passing early entry GCSE English Language with a C grade or above.
• I was also part of the Teaching and Learning cross curricular group, which was responsible for amending and improving a whole school marking policy and sharing best practice with colleagues across the school.
I initially meet or have a telephone conversation with the prospective student and discuss areas where the student feels they need help and guidance. I tailor my delivery to meet the individual needs of the student and my approach is very much bespoke. My tutoring is relaxed and friendly and I always make sure that I am flexible in order to ensure full understanding of a topic before we move on. I can tutor in my own home or come to the home of the student (travel costs in addition to the hourly fee).
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of Bath (2004) - Secondary English (PGCE) (✘ Not On File)
- University of St Andrews (2001) - English Literature and Language (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Lutterworth Grammar School (1997) - 4 A'levels in English Lit, Politics, History and General Studies. (School) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||4|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
|Unpublished feedback: (usually negative)||1|
Charlotte was a great tutor, easy to get on with, explained things well and was very flexible with her lesson times. Highly recommended to anyone looking for some extra support.