Information About Brian - Orpington tutor - (6 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Brian:
|Hourly Rate||Online Lessons|
I am a professional economist with over 20 years experience which includes 10 years as a lecturer on undergraduate and postgraduate courses. I have built on that experience and have been a senior economist at a research centre in Birmingham, a director of a major UK economics project and running my own economics **Contact Detail Removed**. I have published papers and written reports for regional and national government (I co-authored the UK government's Annual Innovation Report in 2011)
I have also been an expert advisor for international projects across Europe, the USA and South America (I am on expert panels within the European Commission, have presented projects in Washington DC, Beijing as well as Santiago, Chile and Brasila, Brazil).
Most recently I was the National economist for the Canal River Trust and currently Chief Economist for a digital technology research organisation.
• Lecturer in microeconomics and industrial economics to undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
• Preparation of course syllabi and accompanying teaching material.
• Student liaison and welfare responsibilities.
• In parallel I undertook research at Cranfield University exploring the use of complex systems modelling in assessing regulation in the UK telecommunications market
From my experience it may appear odd I would choose to provide tutorials. However, I have a strong passion for economics and believe it is important to help instil this in the next generation at whatever level they wish to learn.
I can provide tutees with real world examples of economics in action which supports learning and can overcome the difficulties of relating classroom lessons and textbooks to the real world.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (evenings)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of London (1994) - MSc Economics (Masters) (✘ Not On File)
- Polytechnic of North London (1991) - BA (Hons) Business Studies (Bachelors) (✘ Not On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||6|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
He helped us to get our son to understand the subject rather than cramming
Always in time and very friendly