Information About Bipanjit - Ilford tutor - (21 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Bipanjit:
- Examiner for AQA
- Internationally qualified Teacher of Chemistry and Biology with over 10,000 hours of private tutoring experience of AQA, OCR, and Edexcel exam boards
- 3 years teaching in the classroom
- Tutoring experience ranges from complete A levels fast tracked in one year, private A level entry students, and students who are enrolled in Sixth Forms looking for better understanding of their subject
- Personal resources; 25-40 pages of practice exam questions and mark schemes per individual topics and interactive PowerPoints with in-built quizzes to maximise progress
- Some former student destinations: Wellington College, Brighton College, Imperial (Medicine and Dentistry), Bristol (Dentistry), Brighton and Sussex (Medicine), Cardiff (Biological Sciences) - references available on request for these.
- Experience with tutoring students via an online platform, such as Skype, over extended periods (8 students as of 2018)
- Personally written concise notes, diagrams, analysis and methods of all required A level Chemistry and Biology practicals
I qualified as a Teacher of Biology and Chemistry in 2013 and have also tutored Biology and Chemistry at various levels between KS3 - A Level since September 2009.
Knowing a subject very well is extremely valuable but the ability to teach and educate a young person is immeasurable. Much of the time I find that students lack confidence in their understanding and have little experience in exam technique which often results in underachieving. My approach is based mostly on practice and application.
DISCOUNTS - Peak + Off Peak Lessons;
WEEKDAY lessons starting before 3pm will be charged £10 less per hour.
Normal rate applies at all other times.
September 2018 Availability:
Mondays; 12-1pm, 1:15-2:15pm
If these times aren't suitable, then I cannot help you - please don't message me to ask!
- NO WEEKEND LESSONS
- Minimum weekly lessons only
- Unforeseen circumstances arise from time to time however, Tutoring is my full time job and I often turn down new students/extra lessons due to lack of availability. With that being said, lessons cancelled within 12 hours incur a 50% fee, 100% if cancelled within the hour.
- Lessons are to be paid 1 in advance - the first lesson will be charged for 2 lessons
- Please ensure there is parking available at all times; any costs will be charged to the student
- Your time slot will be given away upon continued cancellation of lessons
- Homework is given each lesson based upon fair workload and is mandatory. Parents or guardian will be informed on the same day if it is not complete.
- Payment to be made by cash, bank transfer or cheque.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
Availability: Weekdays (all times)
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- University of California Davis, USA (2014) - M.A. Education (Masters) (✔ On File)
- Nationwide (2014) - Qualified Teacher Status (UK) (QTS) (✔ On File)
- University of California Davis, USA (2013) - Specialty: Chemistry and Biology (PGCE) (✔ On File)
- Queen Mary University of London, UK (2008) - BSc Biology (Bachelors) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||21|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
An example is a chemistry back titration question that I went through with Bipan, a very similar question then came up at the end of one of my chemistry papers, and was worth 7 marks, thanks to Bipan help I was able to tackle it with confidence and in a methodical manner.
Bipan is an excellent tutor and helped me to achieve the A*AA grades I needed for Medicine.
Bipan was able to communicate effectively with my daughter, put her at her ease and suggest methods of study that suit her. Over the year my daughter’s confidence has soared and she is looking forward to a much improved grade. While Bipan is always polite, pleasant and professional she also makes the subject easy to understand and generates enthusiasm.
In addition to being an excellent tutor Bipan helped considerably with my daughters UCAS application, making useful suggestions and contacting a university for more information with regard to her late diagnosis. The result of this was lower grade offers than she would otherwise have received.
We have no hesitation in recommending Bipan as a tutor.