Information About Aysha - Huddersfield tutor - (11 reviews)
This is how 2 referees rated Aysha:
I am currently studying an integrated masters degree in Biomedical Science at the University of Sheffield.
I would like to continue tutoring alongside my studies as I enjoy sharing my knowledge and skills with other students who need that extra help to achieve their target grades or surpass their targets.
I am a very organized,punctual and dedicated person who does any job entrusted upon me to the best of my level and I am certain that I can help your children or siblings looking for private tutors, to reach their potential and excel in their chosen subjects.
I have been tutoring GCSE students in the subjects Chemistry, Biology, and Physics and A level students in the subjects Chemistry and Biology since 2014. Here I prepare them for their GCSE exams, ensuring that they achieve their target grades, by going through the theory in each subject and giving them regular exam practice and advice on how to employ certain exam techniques.
In addition I have experience working with children through my volunteer work as a youth leader with the St. John Ambulance. Here, I worked with children aged between 5-10(badgers) and 10-17 (cadets) years of age. For the cadets, I was involved in putting relevant work programmes together and making sure their first aid knowledge was up to date, through regular first aid sessions.
Teaching students and cadets and mentoring AS-level students at Greenhead College, has given me a good experience of effectively communicating with children, as I have learnt that every individual has a varied method of learning, therefore to be a successful teacher/mentor you have to cater to their individual needs.
When tutoring on a one to one basis:
1. The first session will involve establishing the strengths and weaknesses of the student in their subject area. Extra support will be given to improve the weak areas whilst ensuring the strengths remain strong.
2. Following this a time table will be established, so that the student knows the targets for every lesson.
3. When the student has understood the theory well, then his/her understanding will be put to test via past paper practice.
4. Advice on how to answer exam questions concisely to maximize the marks, will be given on a regular basis.
Tutor Resources: (free to download)
Please login or register to download tutor resources.
References Available: Yes (✔ On File)
- Greenhead College (2013) - A level Chemistry-A*,Biology-A*, Maths-A, EPQ-B, General Studies-B (College) (✔ On File)
- Greenhead College (2013) - AS level Chemistry-A,Biology-A, Maths-A, Physics-A (College) (✔ On File)
- Crest Awards/British Biology Olympiad (2013) - Gold award for research project on Alzheimer's disease and Silver award for British Biology Olmpiad (Other) (✔ On File)
- Almondbury High school (2011) - GCSE Chemistry-A*,Biology-A*, Maths-A*, Physics-A*, English language-A*, English literature-A*, French-A*, Geography-A*, Design & Technology-A*, ICT x 2- Distinction x 2 (School) (✔ On File)
|Tutees Providing Feedback:||11|
|Tutees Providing Positive Feedback:|
She is gentle,courteous and knowledgeable.
I wish her every success in life.
His original forecast A star grade was downgraded to B by the school. And that was optimistic.
My son has had 3 lessons with Aysha and already feels so much more confident. Aysha works really well with Jack. He has a lesson every 2 weeks and the way she works is to ask what he wants helps with and then works her lesson plan around that.
Jack has just sat his mocks and said he finally "gets" some of the concepts he was struggling with. The best thing about Aysha is (in my view) that she engages with the student on an individual level and actually makes learning enjoyable. My son WANTS to go and see her - it's not a chore at all.
And that's high praise indeed from a 16 year old with an X Box!
Aysha is punctual and understands her pupils needs.
Aysha is a lovely person who put in 100% effort to help me and encouraged me to do better
She changed her explanations so it suited me in order for me to understand better
I'm really happy with the help I received and I couldn't have found anyone better so I am extremely grateful I had someone like Aysha there to help me!