Imagination; inspiration; innovation - creative tuition tailored to the individual and designed not just to educate, but to inspire!
Annabel is a professional and capable tutor who has over ten years' of experience working with children and teenagers. Highly motivated, creative and intuitive, she puts enjoyment at the heart of every lesson and believes everybody has the potential to improve and excel. Annabel has an enhanced DBS (CRB) clearance and also has a certificate in 'Level 3 Safeguarding Children'.
Annabel effectively tailors every lesson to the individual and is able to utilise her skills in order to ensure every tutee is given tuition to suit their personal learning style. Annabel enjoys the challenge and subsequent rewards that come from working with a wide age range. Specialist tuition for those with dyslexia, ADHD, dyscalculia and dyspraxia (as well as related conditions) is offered to encourage confidence and proficiency when learning new ideas and concepts.
- Some Weekday Mornings
IMPORTANT NOTES (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY)
JUST SOME OF WHAT ANNABEL TEACHES:
- Writing Skills & Help Learning New Vocabulary
- Dyslexia-Friendly Spelling Programme
- Reading & Comprehension
- Handwriting Skills & Fine-Motor Development
- Help With Mental Arithmetic & Times Tables
- Developing Problem-Solving Skills
- First Steps In Algebra & Secondary Mathematics
- Confidence Writing Simple Maths Puzzles
Ten years' experience as a full-time private tutor.
Qualifications & Relevant Areas of Interest
Specific in Tutoring Key Stage One & Two:
- CPD Level 3 certificate in 'Safeguarding Children - Designated Officer'
- NCFE Level 3 'Teaching Assistant' diploma'
Specific in Life Coaching
- Life Coaching Diploma with Distinction
Specific in Teaching Individual Needs:
- Future Learn certificate in 'Understanding ADHD: Current Research And Practice'
- Of Course 'SEND - Teaching Children With Learning Difficulties'
- Of Course 'Dyslexia Therapist Diploma'
- Alison certificate in 'Understanding Dyslexia'
- NCFE Level 4 diploma in 'Counselling & Psychotherapy'
- NCFE Level 4 diploma in 'Caring for People with Learning Disabilities'
- NCC Level 3 certificate in 'Special Educational Needs'
Specific in Tutoring English & History:
- BA Hons History Degree (Open University)
- ITA TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) Advanced Certificate
Specific in Tutoring Geography & Science:
- NCFE Level 3 diploma in 'Ecology'
- NCFE Level 3 diploma in 'Meteorology'
- HCC certificate in 'Conservation'
- HCC certificate in 'RHS Horticulture'
- A-Levels in English, Psychology and Health & Social Care
- A-C grade GCSEs in ALL tutored subjects
- NCFE Level 2 diploma in 'Equality & Diversity'
- NCFE Level 2 diploma in 'Business & Administration'
Learning should be fun and Annabel enjoys making people smile. When a student leaves their lesson, Annabel always ensures they feel happy, confident and ready to use what they have learnt.
|References Available||On File|
|NCFE Level 3 Diploma||2013||Professional||Teaching Assistant|
|The Open University||2012||Bachelors||History|
|NCFE Level 4 Diploma||2011||Professional||Caring For People With Learning Disabilities|
|ITA: International Training Accreditation||2015||Professional||TEFL: Teach English as a Foreign Language|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||0|