Hi, my name is Andrew and I’m a fully qualified experienced senior practicing teacher with 14 years experience in teaching, and 10 years experience as a tutor. I’ve been an examiner since 2009 and worked for Ofqual as a subject expert for a number of years.
My broad experience in life, teaching and examining allows me to quickly identify where students need the most assistance, helping them to build the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to succeed.
I strive to be approachable and reassuring in order to create an atmosphere where my students feel comfortable sharing their challenges, and ensuring they know I’m there to help.
My specialism is offering subject knowledge enhancement and exam skills including more focused tutoring for those crucial moments like exams, assessments and coursework however I also offer long-term, general tutoring for students who need broader support throughout the school year.
Helping students gain a better understanding and connection to their subject is very rewarding and I’m proud that my tutees report a 2-grade improvement on average with 80% achieving an A* or the grade they were looking for.
Here are a few key facts about me:
If you’d like further information to find out more about me and what I can do for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch. I am happy to talk you through my experience and methods in more detail and can provide a full CV, references as well as copies of my DBS certificate or other accreditation.
I look forward to working with you,
A-level, Pre-U, IB, International A-level (KS5)
GCSE, iGCSE (KS4)
Special Educational Needs and Home schooling
Other needs considered
I have been tutoring online since 2011 and online since 2016 and it has always proven to be extremely effective, even more so than face to face. I’m happy to now offer all my classes online which allows you to get the most out of our lessons, I am able to devote the time I would be travelling to and from you to provide a better service. I use the best technology (e.g. up to date HD Audio Visual equipment, ultrafast wired broadband, online whiteboard, screen sharing, a document camera and other enhancements) and I provide an exceptional learning experience that cannot be matched by face to face tuition.
I’m available online for your convenience from Monday to Friday and on weekends (during peak times) from 9AM to 7PM.
I use Calendly for my bookings; once you have acquired my contact details, all you need to do is send me an email or text and I will send you the link to book and we will go from there.
After you purchase my details, and book the session using my link, we will work out a plan of action and a regular session time in the first session. You will receive regular updates on how the student is doing. We will focus on knowledge acquisition, other support and what to do with all this knowledge, i.e. how to write excellent essays or answer questions or whatever your situation requires.
Here’s what I can help you with:
- Teach you the course and help with essays and exams
- Support with questions and emergencies including educational consultancy
- Send extra information about the course from an extensive database of resources gathered over the years and that contains enough help to get you an A* on any of the subjects I teach, this includes a collection of essays from over 14 years of teaching to refer to and use
- Use of the best technology (AV equipment, Ultrafast wired Broadband, Online Whiteboard and other enhancements)
- Produce a report about the student’s progress regularly and advise on further actions
I can also help you with:
• Course knowledge, comprehension, revision, full teaching or catch-up
• Essay advice, structuring, feedback/marking, editing and improving
• Exam preparation and success
• Theory of Knowledge
• TOK Presentation
• Career advice, work experience support, interview practice
• Undergraduate PHD and essay structure help and edit
• Support throughout university
• Masters PHD dissertation support
• Providing education consulting, SEN advice and support in disputes with school / university
• Other needs catered to, just ask!
NB I reserve the right to take a holiday: 1st to 7th November, 20th December to 2nd January, 1st to 7th March, 1st to 7th May and 1st July to 31st August yearly unless by prior arrangement and am Online only from January. Weekend and early morning bookings, as well as during peak time periods, are charged at the higher rate.
|Languages||English (British), French, Greek|
|Availability||Weekends, Weekdays (all times)|
|References Available||On File|
|Institute of Education||2009||PGCE||Religious Education M-Level with QTS|
|Keswick Hall Trust||2008||Other||Diploma in World Religions|
|University of Manchester||2002||Masters||Ethics, Philosophy and International Relations|
|University of Sussex||2002||Bachelors||Politics and Philosophy with Honours|
|Unpublished feedback (Usually negative)||1|